Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things I like and things I don’t like about Ram position groups...

December 26, 2019 10:20AM
Groups that I really like:

QB. Goff is good enough to win a SB if surrounded by sufficient talent. I like Wolford as his backup next year, btw.

WR. Love our top 4 guys. Might be best top 4 in the league.

TE. Love this ‘new’ Higbee. I predict Higbee/Everett could be a helluva tandem next year.

CB. Ramsey plus one of Hill, Williams, Long make this a great unit. NRC is no slouch, either. Kudos to Snead.

S. JJ and Rapp should be a top tandem. If Wade retires, new DC may want to continue using Rapp as a hybrid LB, then may go with Christian or nay draft a S.

Groups that I kinda like but are not yet where they need to be:

OL. I kinda think that we’ve got starters in Edwards and Evans come September. I like Boom at LOT when he’s healthy, but not 100% sure he’ll be healthy by September. I’m on the fence about Corbett as a starter and I think we need to let Blythe walk and either draft or sign a FA stud C. I’ve lost confidence in Allen. In short, C looks like our biggest ‘hole’.

ILB. I think they extend Littleton and I think we have adequate player depth next to him.

Groups that I’m worried about that will need off-season attention:

RB. Hate to say it, but we’re in need of upgrade here. Gurley is a shadow of his former self, Brown has disappointed, and wth has Henderson been? Not ALL of our running problems are the fault of our OL.

DL. I think Brockers is a cap casualty. I also think AD needs more help on that DL. Hope Snead can work some magic there.

Edge. I think we lose Fowler to the cap and Matthews is almost a one trick pony as a pass rusher anymore so he’s probably gone. Do we have their replacements on the roster? Not at all sure and it could be the difference between making or missing the playoffs, so they better get this decision right.

Should they extend GZ or let him walk? Tough question, but I will say this. IF they let GZ walk I would understand.

So, lots of good things, but several possible storm clouds on the horizon, too. Sigh...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Things I like and things I don’t like about Ram position groups...

Rams43530December 26, 2019 10:20AM

Great analysis!

Ram_Ruler237December 26, 2019 10:51AM

Re: Great analysis!

SoCalRAMatic206December 26, 2019 12:23PM

Re: Great analysis!

Rams43194December 26, 2019 02:27PM

What I meant more was

Ram_Ruler173December 26, 2019 03:38PM

Re: Things I like and things I don’t like about Ram position groups...

rampage666196December 26, 2019 03:16PM

Re: Things I like and things I don’t like about Ram position groups...

3030192December 26, 2019 03:58PM