Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why all the negative focus on 'coaching'

December 16, 2019 09:15AM
Another week, another set of instant / snap judgments. 'MCVay is a one trick pony / punk who can't scheme his way out of a paper bag'. 'Wade is a washed up has-been who should retire - now.'

What i saw yesterday had little to do with gameplan. Scheme is great and all but players need to make plays. On offense I saw an O-line that missed block, got no push and averaged under 2 yards per carry. A QB having to hurry throws and playing most of the game with an injured hand because Whitworth decided to play the game on roller skates and got pushed into the QB as he tried to make a throw. As for the rest of the line - you're working with 2 rookies, a stopgap at center and a LG who's probably best suited as a reserve player.

On defense I saw missed tackle after missed tackle, inability to shed blocks and multiple chances to sack Prescott that were whiffed on - leading to big gains.

What exactly would you have McVay do? They couldn't run, and the defense couldn't get off the field. So you wind up throwing it 51 times. Out of necessity. They were down 21 points at the half. Then the second half starts, the Cowboys go right down the field and now you're down 24 points. Game over.

As far as the complaints about Wade - what about his scheme do you have a problem with? Did he ask the 2 rookie DB's to run into eachother in coverage? Did he instruct the players (including Donald for f's sake) to not tackle Pollard or Elliot?

The only thing I would ding McVay or Wade on is their unwillingness to pull guys in games. Reeder should have been benched. Same with Weddle. On offense - Gurley should have been taken out at halftime. He lacked violence in his runs and seemed to have no sense of the pressure Goff was under - twice he's the safety valve and is not even looking back when the ball whizzed by his head. Henderson and Brown wouldn't have had much more room to run, but players have to be held accountable. I think it sends a bad message to the team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why all the negative focus on 'coaching'

promomasterj381December 16, 2019 09:15AM

Great points....my thoughts

Ram49189December 16, 2019 09:25AM

Dallas should have been susceptible to 11 personnel

promomasterj179December 16, 2019 09:35AM

that missed block; Weddle

Ram49217December 16, 2019 09:41AM

Re: Dallas should have been susceptible to 11 personnel

LMU93158December 16, 2019 10:46AM

Re: Great points....my thoughts