Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't see a solution....

December 16, 2019 04:43AM
I don't know what is the bigger problem....our weak O Line or our weak QB. Everyone likes to claim that with a top O line, Goff will be fine. I am very skeptical of this, BUT even if this were true, how do you fix it? I promise you that every teams NFL message board believes they will fix their o line problem in the offseason by signing Scherff. I can't see how we will have the $ to accomplish that. Other teams will prioritize O Line in the draft...sadly we have no 1st or 3rd rd picks this year, and no 1st rd pick next year. Sure, you can find some good players in 2nd rounds and later, just look at Havenstein, Allen and Noteboom (lol). The truth is you need top rd draft capital to address the line. Plus, I don't know who on the Rams line is even average anymore? This unit needs a total overhaul.

Now lets talk about Goff. Why in the world do the Rams extend a guy with so many question marks after a series of bad games to end the season last year? They could have let him play out his contract and even franchised him another two years given the uncertainty. He did nothing to warrant such confidence in signing him to that mega deal.

When will Rams finally admit this picks for players approach does not work? Granted, it did get us to the Super Bowl....but we lost. Now we are seeing the repercussions of throwing picks at players like B Cooks who has proven over and over he cannot be relied upon as a #1 WR, yet he is paid like one. Were the Rams one player away from another run at the Super Bowl? It was pretty clear this was not our year, so you go and forfeit 3 premium draft picks for Ramsey....another mouthy diva for the secondary? Oh brother? who is green lighting these moves?

I still believe in McVay, he'll learn and improve. It is past time to move on from Trader Les who has depleted the team of talent and draft picks. His dismissal is overdue.

It is also past time to move on from Wade Phillips. He might have been a good counter balance to McVay's inexperience in the beginning, but that novelty has worn off, I quickly grew tired of the comments about his "twitter swag." His D is consistently inconsistent.

The Rams have been about splash over substance since the McVay arrival, while teams like Seattle & SF have been about fundamental football. It is not by chance that we are where we are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2019 05:41AM by spagsbacker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I don't see a solution....

spagsbacker696December 16, 2019 04:43AM

Re: "Change is in the air"............

oldschoolramfan368December 16, 2019 04:53AM

Re: I don't see a solution....

jim beam387December 16, 2019 05:36AM

Re: I don't see a solution....

3030320December 16, 2019 07:49AM

Short if not sweet

BC Ramsfan250December 16, 2019 11:04AM

eye of the beholder (nm)