Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft will tell us a lot about what the Rams think of their 2nd year guys

April 20, 2019 04:24AM
The Rams will have a lot of 2nd year guys on their roster this year. And the current company line is that Noteboom will replace Saffold and Allen will replace Sullivan. But will they? If they draft a Center or Guard perhaps even in round 3, it says that might not be so.

Same for the D line. Is Franklin Meyers really penciled in as a starter at one end? Is Kiser really penciled in as a starter at ILB? How about NT? Do they really think they have a starting NT already on their roster?

Do they really think that Obo is going to be a good OLB with pass rush ability? Do they see Fowler as any more than a one year solution?

How the Rams draft will tell us a lot. Need and "BPA" are always considered in some relative proportion. They aren't going to spend a first round pick for that guy to warm the bench. And the way they've worked lately, they see 3rd round guys as players who can make an immediate impact as either starters or rotation guys.

My guess? I stick with Tillery as their pick at 31. Brockers is better at NT than DE. And, it's his final year. I see Tillery as a possible Calais Campbell type of guy who got a bad rep in college but had excellent production and top flight measurable athleticism and traits for the position he plays. But he probably figures best in the NFL as a 3-4 DE so that limits who would be interested in him and so from an outsider's view, he has a real chance to be there at 31.

I think the Rams really do have confidence in Noteboom and Allen. They got to see them a lot in practice because of the way they rested their vets. What I'm not sure about is how they feel about secondary depth, and LB depth although signing Matthews gives them depth at both ILB and OLB. And retaining Fowler was a huge key to what they do because they do not have to spend 31 on an OLB unless a guy they love drops to them at that spot. Otherwise, they'll look at a developmental guy for OLB in the 4th or later.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft will tell us a lot about what the Rams think of their 2nd year guys

RockRam403April 20, 2019 04:24AM

Should draft an olinemen or two

Hazlet Hacksaw211April 21, 2019 02:40AM

Re: Draft will tell us a lot about what the Rams think of their 2nd year guys

David Deacon166April 21, 2019 03:30AM

Re: Draft will tell us a lot about what the Rams think of their 2nd year guys

zn130April 21, 2019 07:51AM

Not necessarily....

RamBum292April 21, 2019 06:31AM

Re: Not necessarily....