Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sweeney played his HS ball up the block...

February 26, 2019 11:16AM
alyoshamucci
And WR is not an area we need to address until late, if at all.

I run mocks on fanspeak ... and I use my own board to make it as difficult as possible on myself.

Really seems like a high end DT will be there at 31 ... the edge guys in the top tier are gone by then except Austin Bryant, who for some reason is not considered in that tier (yet). Trading down for an extra late 3 or 4 is and taking Bryant or Winovich is still my first plan.

And Simmons is a real question ... can you take a player to redshirt if he's likely a pro bowler? If we do, are we forced to draft DT again in the 3rd or 4th? Seems worth it. He's Fletcher Cox 2.0

I see Tommy Sweeney is now being mentioned earlier . Guess they caught up. Still tons of talent at that position that is going to slide. There are guys not even being mentioned as draftable that I like.

Safety, I like the second tier guys they mention as much as the first, especially Mike Edwards, who I thought had an outstanding Senior Bowl week. If Jaquon Johnson makes it to the 90s I can't see how we wouldn't take him.
Each year there are players that have a different team atmosphere affecting the play of the whole unit ... and guys that are ranked high can slide a long way. Preseason he was a top ten pick. Did he fall THAT far? Not in my opinion.

Interior linemen I like starters through the 5th round. Likely best bang for buck is the third, but I would snag a few guys if they fell to the 90s.

I know this is pre combine, but I can't imagine the combine changing too much. A lot of this is from overwhelming tape without much regard for underwear abilities.

That's another reason I have WRs higher. Have guys like N'Keal Harrry out of the first round and Antoine Wesley not even mentioned in the top 3 rounds is a serious mistake. Not to mention the small school kids ... Tyree Brady, Anthony Johnson, Keelan Doss, etc.

We may find a diamond in the 7th ... if we want more insurance .

I really like him as well, but I don't see him testing out great at the combine so I don't see him climbing that high. I`m wondering if McVay might not be looking for a faster, more athletic TE.

“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.”

George Bernard Shaw
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

strengths of this Draft line up nicely for Rams

LMU93577February 25, 2019 10:13AM

I may disagree on WRs, but that's it.

alyoshamucci267February 25, 2019 12:24PM

Sweeney played his HS ball up the block...

PaulButcher59252February 26, 2019 11:16AM

T.J. Hockenson

no name217February 25, 2019 04:53PM

Hockenson isn't Gronk and other thoughts

Deadpool241February 26, 2019 10:58AM

*dominant

PeoriaRa307February 26, 2019 01:39PM