Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hockenson isn't Gronk and other thoughts

February 26, 2019 10:58AM
Gronk was 6'-6" 265 Lbs at the combine. I think Hockenson is closer to 6'-4" to 6'-5" and 245. Gronk is a great athlete for his size. So is Hockenson, but he isn't 265 Lbs. Thats where Gronk is a generational player. Hockenson is fast, athletic with soft hands and a dominate blocker inline but he is built more like Gronk-lite. i still like him in any system, but he is probably gone somewhere picks 15-24ish I'd guess.

Safety is deep, guys that should fit what the Rams are looking for (pre-FA) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Nasir Adderley (1st to early 2nd) Deionte Thompson (2nd round) Jaquan Johnson & Mike Bell (3rd-4th round) Will Harris & Darnell Savage (5th-6th round)

As far as interior OL, the more I see of Garrett Bradbury, the more I want him on the Rams. Perfect fit and solves the OC for 5 years minimum. I think he might get into the 1st round. Oklahoma and Iowa both have a bunch of IL prospects worth watching and some nice lower college level IL guys with tons of upside. OC is as good as it has been in several years.

RB is soft, there are plenty of complimentary backs, but I don't think there are any lead dogs. The 2 Alabama guys come as close as anything.

WR is better then they think. The thing is, no one has a consensus #1 or even top 5. Plenty of guys with size, plenty of guys with some speed, and a decent amount of route technicians. If you cant find one somewhere, you weren't looking. Metcalf is going to test like crazy at the combine and will carry plenty of buzz into the draft.

LBer (outside of edge guys) is real soft this year. Very few SLB, some WLB, but htey all have a wart or 2 and then the MLB are about 3 deep with some OK talent in the middle of the draft.

CB is steady, and not unlike S, they are missing the top of draft type CBs but plenty of good to very good CBs with plenty of size this year.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

strengths of this Draft line up nicely for Rams

LMU93579February 25, 2019 10:13AM

I may disagree on WRs, but that's it.

alyoshamucci269February 25, 2019 12:24PM

Sweeney played his HS ball up the block...

PaulButcher59255February 26, 2019 11:16AM

T.J. Hockenson

no name219February 25, 2019 04:53PM

Hockenson isn't Gronk and other thoughts

Deadpool242February 26, 2019 10:58AM

*dominant

PeoriaRa311February 26, 2019 01:39PM