Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anyone else ever a fan of another team? I used to be a Dolphins fan...

February 05, 2019 04:34PM
i wasn't actually a fan but the packers are the reason i'm a rams fan.

being young in the 60's the boyhood heroes were astronauts, the beatles and the green bay packers.

the week before the ice bowl, we were visiting my aunt and uncle and the packers-rams playoff game was coming on while i was playing with matchbox cars in front of the tv with my tomboy cousin.

my dad and uncle were talking about how the rams had beaten the packers in the regular season that year and might pull it off in this game. they're both lifelong giants fans so no biase but i could not believe my ears - another team had beaten the packers?!?! i did not think that was possible at my early, uniformed age.

i paid attention to my 1st nfl football game that afternoon. i fell in love with the white horns on the blue helmet. i learned who the fearsome foursome was. i learned who roman gabriel was and jack snow and of course george allen. i was hooked. even though they lost. as deacon would tell you, they would not have lost if they played the game in la where it would have been played under today's rules....

but that wasn't your question ramgator, was it. i've always had a soft spot for the g men having been reared in the area by a dad and uncle's who were die hard. so thrilled both times they beat the pats. do not understand the eli hate.

fast forward to the last game at arlington stadium - a sunday night game i believe, between the cowboys and the ravens. hating the cowboys due to the 70's i was rooting hard for the ravens to ruin the swansong at arlington. my youngest son was up watching the game with me. he got caught up. he became a ravens fan because of that game. as a result, the ravens are my official #2 team to this day.

so no, never any team before my rams but the packers, giants and ravens have been #2's throughout the years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone else ever a fan of another team? I used to be a Dolphins fan...

Ramgator393February 05, 2019 09:24AM

Papatrey213February 05, 2019 10:07AM

Tried real hard to become a Giants Fan

chunkmeister217February 05, 2019 10:12AM

Nope....

RAMbler143February 05, 2019 10:17AM

BeachBoy168February 05, 2019 04:00PM

raminsanantone202February 05, 2019 04:33PM

george_allen182February 05, 2019 04:34PM

Classicalwit170February 05, 2019 05:22PM

St. Louis Rams.

waterfield189February 05, 2019 06:05PM

chico n da rams137February 05, 2019 06:22PM

Rams since 1971

Deadhead Ram142February 05, 2019 06:45PM