Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: the issue is defense

December 28, 2018 02:51PM
max
The Rams named 2 captains on defense, Brockers and Talib. When Talib went down, we essentially had no team captain on defense. Brockers has been a fraud as a captain.

Someone should rip that C off his jersey and stick it on Donald.

VinnyB tweeted that Rams coaches were screaming at Brockers on the sidelines of the Eagles game after he screwed up. Imagine coaches screaming at a team captain. Turns my stomach.

Um... Team Captains take heat on a regular basis from coaches. Not only do they take the heat for other players, but coaches will often use them as an example. Add the additional level of accountability a captain has and they can expect to hear it when they screw up when they are supposed to be setting the example.
With the "C" on the uniform comes responsibility and accountability more so than those without the designation. That said, I think Brockers was an odd selection. Donald is the best player on the defense and at most levels, that makes you a captain. In the NFL, some guys just don't want it, especially young guys. It's hard for them to hold seasoned vets accountable. I expect AD will be a captain next year but not sure it's a good fit. I think AD is mostly about AD. He's a generational talent, no doubt. But I don't think he has the personality to want to deal with the extra stuff captains deal with and I have to wonder if that could hurt his game.
If Talib is back next year, and I think he will be, then he needs to be a captain again. Guessing Brockers will not be a captain next year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

playoff contenders and QB Rating Differential

LMU93488December 28, 2018 07:01AM

Sad reality

mikeguman338December 28, 2018 08:45AM

Some of that is who you play

AlbaNY_Ram248December 28, 2018 09:22AM

Re: Some of that is who you play

David Deacon157December 29, 2018 05:50AM

the issue is defense

max246December 28, 2018 09:44AM

Re: the issue is defense