Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Areas to improve...areas to work around...

December 03, 2018 05:41AM

1) Goff's accuracy, decision making and ball security - I think this is self explanatory...

Don't agree. Not only is it far from self-explanatory, I think it's incorrect in general.

He had 3 games where he struggled on the road. Though they won all 3 (@Seattle, Denver, Detroit).

In all the rest he's fine, and that includes against top defenses like Seattle (in LA) and the Chargers. Those are the 2 highest ranked defenses he has played. In those 2 games he was 57 of 75 (76%) with 5 TDs, 1 INT, with a YPA of 8.9 and avg. qb rating of 118.4. But they were also home games.

I think you are taking 3 games out of context as if they were indicative, when I think those 3 games can be explained by circumstances and that all the other games are indicative. What circumstances? Those 3 games are on the road and against defenses that knew how to attack the Rams passing game and throw them off rhythm. I think what has to improve, and most likely will with experience, is Goff's consistency when facing defenses that know how to attack the Rams offense. Consistency is an issue with a still young qb. Accuracy is an innate talent and he has amply demonstrated he has that.

In terms of ball security, every player needs to improve in that respect, but when it comes to fumbles Goff is better than guys like Precott, Wilson, and Cousins and tied with guys like Mahomes and Wentz. He has only 1 more fumble than Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Stafford. As a rule qbs fumble more than any other position, and in fact the top 22 fumblers in the league are all qbs. So he can improve but it's not yet a dire thing. The cure for a qb fumbles in the NFL seems to be running a quick, short passing game (Brady, Manning, Brees).

In terms of your other stuff, I agree with some of it, but not all. I agree that the Rams need to improve tackling and redzone offense and the edge rush, though the latter 2 show signs of improving already. In terms of rushing up the middle, according to Football Outsiders they rank 1st in the league at that with 5.61 a carry. And there are only 4 teams that do it LESS frequently than the Rams. IE the Rams rank 28th in frequency of runs to the middle of the line. So they are actually both the best at doing it and one of the teams that does it the least frequently. [www.footballoutsiders.com]

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Areas to improve...areas to work around...

jemach333December 03, 2018 04:57AM

zn148December 03, 2018 05:41AM

I cannot recall early in the season...

jemach131December 03, 2018 05:59AM

Detroit was doing that, as well..

sstrams160December 03, 2018 06:38AM

still don't agree..

zn108December 03, 2018 06:58AM

Rams43227December 03, 2018 07:06AM

On the tackling...this defense seems to play some type of weird prevent

chunkmeister135December 03, 2018 07:27AM

If you saw the..

sstrams104December 03, 2018 07:59AM