Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Predicting future coaching changes, (Wade Phillips related)

November 21, 2018 09:06AM
I am encourage by this from Pagano: [www.nbcsports.com]

“I learned a lot from my father and my brother, but the biggest influence is probably Wade Phillips,” Pagano said on this week’s episode of the Raiders Insider Podcast, which focused on Pagano’s coaching influences and philosophy. “Understanding how he talked to the players, the philosophy of how he wanted to teach things and the opportunity he gave me (in San Diego) to grow in the National Football League. I’ve taken a lot from Wade, and what I’ve learned from him is to focus on putting guys in position to make plays. That’s our job. …Ultimately it’s about the players, and 11 guys hunting with unbelievable effort.”

If Wade is replaced I thought it would have to be someone who runs a one-gap 3-4 like Wade does. It sounds like Pagano fits the bill: [www.espn.com]

“I know we’re 3-4 on paper,” Telesco said during a season-ending press conference last December. “But it’s as close to a 4-3 as you’re ever going to see. We’re an under and over defense. Guys are in the gaps moving, and very rarely do we line up with a nose tackle head up on the center two-gapping with the two ends two-gapping. We don’t play that type of defense. Its’ a 3-4 by name only.”

A conversation with Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano further confirmed Telesco’s comments. Pagano is a disciple of longtime NFL defensive guru Wade Phillips, who taught Pagano his version of a 3-4 defense when he served as San Diego’s defensive coordinator from 2004-06.

AlbaNY_Ram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Predicting future coaching changes, (Wade Phillips related)

Rams43453November 21, 2018 08:39AM

den-the-coach214November 21, 2018 08:54AM

AlbaNY_Ram184November 21, 2018 09:06AM

Good information- thanks man

Rams Junkie206November 21, 2018 10:53AM

I would promote Aubrey Pleasant as DC

LMU93196November 21, 2018 09:24AM

Re: I would promote Aubrey Pleasant as DC

den-the-coach150November 21, 2018 10:40AM