Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ebukam has a better vert than Holt and is faster than Kupp

October 31, 2018 06:28AM
But we don't have evidence of holism- the sum being greater than the parts. Ebukam was known as a developmental project in the draft. I was hoping in the second half of year two he would show some progress. Now would be the perfect time to see some development in his pass rush. From interviews, he comes across as a high character person. His game reminds me of Herschel Walker. He has mass and can clearly accelerate but it just seems so stiff and straight line-ish. I hope he shows some signs now.

With Longacre, I recall a reporter during the preseason describing him as not being in top condition. I wonder how many workouts he missed with the back issues. I am hopeful that he is getting his conditioning back over time and we will see it reflected in the games. But maybe he needs the offseason to get back to where he was physically.

This is an article about Ebukam's pro day. There is info about Kupp in the same article.

"At just shy of 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 240 pounds, Ebukam had impressive numbers to go along with his imposing size. His vertical jump of 39 inches, broad jump of 10'10" and 40 time of 4.45 were eye-opening. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times."
[goeags.com]

Annual Pro Day Features Six Eagles, Including Kupp
Eastern players perform for scouts in hopes of securing professional football opportunities

Highlighted by the appearance of four-time All-American and two-time FCS Player of the Year Cooper Kupp, six former Eastern Washington University football players took part in testing for professional football scouts at EWU's annual Pro Day on Tuesday (March 28) in Cheney, Wash.

"It's awesome to be back with guys I've competed with for the past five years," said Kupp, whose home base has been in Southern California in the days leading up to EWU's Pro Day. "They are guys I've grown to love and respect that friendship. Even though we've been apart we've stayed in contact. It's different to be out here and do it together one last time. It was really special spending time with them."

Kupp was joined by fellow wide receiver Kendrick Bourne at the NFL Combine in February, and they reunited in Cheney on Tuesday. A third All-America wide receiver, Shaq Hill, also participated in Pro Day testing, as well as linebacker Miquiyah Zamora, All-America defensive end Samson Ebukam and quarterback Jordan West.

With weather in the low 40's with a stiff breeze, Kupp ran a 4.56 time in the 40-yard dash to improve his time of 4.62 at the combine. But for him, the chance at the end of the testing session to run routes and catch passes from West in front of scouts was even more important.

"I was excited," he said. "When you are out here doing football stuff – throwing the football around and running routes – that's fun. I'm excited about getting back to football."

At just shy of 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 240 pounds, Ebukam had impressive numbers to go along with his imposing size. His vertical jump of 39 inches, broad jump of 10'10" and 40 time of 4.45 were eye-opening. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times.

Bourne also improved his 40 time from 4.68 at the combine to 4.53, and his vertical jump by two inches to 36. He even hit double-figures in the bench press, lifting 225 pounds 10 times.

"I was definitely glad with how it went," Bourne said. "I felt like I ran fast, jumped well and benched pretty well."

"I think I hit it – I heard a good time -- so I was definitely happy," Bourne said of his 40 time. "I was hoping to get 12 reps on the bench and I had 10, so I'm glad I hit double digits – that was cool. I wanted to jump a little better – 34 made me feel like I couldn't bounce. But today I jumped pretty well with a 36. I'm definitely happy and in a good place right now.

For Hill, Pro Day was the next step for him to gain professional opportunities.

"I had some okay numbers, but could have done better," said Hill. "It's definitely a big weight off my shoulders. I think I handled it pretty well. I've had some injuries, but I battled through and did pretty good."

Besides speed, agility and weight-lifting, the tests Tuesday included height, weight and other measurements. The former players are all hoping for possible professional football opportunities in the weeks ahead leading up to the NFL Draft in late April and subsequent free agent possibilities.

"Everybody talks about it and hypes it up," said Kupp. "It's a different animal to be evaluated for such a long period of time, and all the different things you are a part of – the all-star game, the combine, pro day and all the workouts. It makes sense and I understand it."

The NFL Draft takes place in Philadelphia, Pa., and begins on Thursday, April 27 at 5 p.m. Pacific time with the first round. Rounds two and three are on April 28 starting at 4 p.m., and rounds 4-7 begin on April 29 at 9 a.m. ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFL Network will all provide coverage, and it will be streamed via NFL.com.

Kupp is expected to be either in Philadelphia or California for the draft, and isn't as concerned with where he ends up or in what round. The opportunity is what matters most to him.

"I'm just going to be the best me I can be," he said. "I know I'm going to give my best no matter where I end up. I know God has a plan for me, and wherever that is I'm going to make sure they get the best football player they possibly can get."

"I'm hoping I'll get drafted, or whatever happens happens," said Bourne. "But if I get to a camp I'm going to take advantage of it. I'm hearing late rounds -- I'm just even happy just to hear that. We're going to stay positive about it and compete as hard as I can when I get there. I'll get a chance, so it's all about how I practice and approach the days when I get there."

Among the 15 former Eastern players to be drafted in school history, EWU's highest draft choice in school history is offensive tackle Michael Roos, who was selected in the second round by Tennessee in 2005 as the 41st pick overall. He went on to play 10 seasons with the Titans, starting every game he played.

EWU's next-highest choices were fourth-round choices Taiwan Jones as a running back by Oakland in 2011 (125th overall) and safety Matt Johnson by Dallas in 2012 (135th overall). Eastern's top wide receiver drafted was Bob Picard in the sixth round by Philadelphia in 1973 (132nd overall) and EWU's last draftee was offensive tackle Jake Rodgers in the seventh round by Atlanta in 2015.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 06:44AM by Rams Junkie.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fowler not elite; but he is an upgrade from what we have

RockRam688October 31, 2018 03:03AM

Re: Fowler not elite; but he is an upgrade from what we have

max301October 31, 2018 03:38AM

Longacre...

ramsfaninmd333October 31, 2018 03:43AM

Re: Fowler not elite; but he is an upgrade from what we have

CeeZar291October 31, 2018 03:40AM

Seems to have a good ability to steer his moves into the QB

EternalHorns220October 31, 2018 05:20AM

I still don't like the moves

LMU93293October 31, 2018 04:02AM

Won't be a top 100 draft pick

Ram_Ruler269October 31, 2018 04:10AM

Re: Won't be a top 100 draft pick

LMU93233October 31, 2018 04:16AM

Re: Won't be a top 100 draft pick

oldschoolramfan218October 31, 2018 05:48AM

Re: I still don't like the moves

3030249October 31, 2018 04:57AM

The way I see it

Atlantic Ram236October 31, 2018 05:04AM

Re: The way I see it

CraigMatson224October 31, 2018 05:30AM

oldschoolramfan189October 31, 2018 05:52AM

LMU93208October 31, 2018 05:54AM

I know PFF isn't the end all be all

Ram_Ruler287October 31, 2018 04:11AM

Yep. That's kind of my point. And the Obo thing is becoming obvious as well.

RockRam305October 31, 2018 04:26AM

Okoronkwo

LMU93269October 31, 2018 04:48AM

It's an interesting coincidence.

EternalHorns280October 31, 2018 04:57AM

Re: Ebukam anyone?

oldschoolramfan403October 31, 2018 05:37AM

Re: Ebukam anyone?

zn228October 31, 2018 05:52AM

Ebukam has a better vert than Holt and is faster than Kupp

Rams Junkie283October 31, 2018 06:28AM

Rebirth of the 2015 #3 overall draft pick.....

Rampage2K-256October 31, 2018 07:07AM

After 24 hours of reflection...

Rams43297October 31, 2018 09:10AM

Re: Fowler is elite: first step

Steve189October 31, 2018 11:02AM