Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

yeah, I'm ahead of ya...

October 30, 2018 07:51AM
In believing how good they are... and I'm proud of that. Which does NOT MEAN that I think you're selling them short.

We all carry different measuring sticks.

For me I think it's that difficult to define term of "culture". Guess you could say I 'feel' it more than actually 'see' it... but it is both for me.

It's not specific names for me.. Donald, Goff, Gurley, Wood, Kupp, it's RAMS. And yet with that said...

I don't think they are currently a 'dominant team'... in the way NE was, or the '99 Ram, or any of the renowned great teams in NFL history.... I think they could be... but I really don't know if they are definitely headed that way or perhaps simply 'blue collar' good. I DO think they have reached perennial status.. by that I mean... I see a good run here spanning "X" number of years.

I think the highest praise I have for this current team/coaches is that I'm not seeing 'lulls'... not even brief ones. Many here felt they saw a lull in the first half of the GB game... most notable example would be the 'rattled' adjective used for Goff... And NO, laughing smiley , not trying to rehash THAT debate... I just mean that I didn't get that feeling. What I saw was a team, players, facing a very talented and more importantly 'prepared' team that made them have to think... adjust... and didn't just wave a magic wand to 'fix' it but rather deliberately and methodically put together what I think was a (no exaggeration) brilliant full 4 quarter effort utilizing all their skills..physical talent, mental talent... and this from both players and coaches, and get a "W".

I don't see them 'cooling off'.. which does not equate to not losing game or two.

As for explosive... I think we match up with anyone albeit not in precisely the same 'ways'. I believe the Rams are more independent of individual 'names' than most if not all the other currently doing well NFL teams.

I don't have the same type of confidence for this team as I did for the '99 Rams... but it may be every bit as good even if different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 07:53AM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How I see Rams and Saints sprint to the playoffs

EternalHorns365October 30, 2018 04:46AM

What jumps out at me is this...

JamesJM172October 30, 2018 05:07AM

Re: What jumps out at me is this...

EternalHorns132October 30, 2018 05:23AM

The Reality is . . .

LBRamsFan155October 30, 2018 08:56AM

I honestly don't have a feel ...

RFL144October 30, 2018 06:53AM

yeah, I'm ahead of ya...