Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I remember the Montana like Scouting Reports. You were there Deacon

Anonymous User
September 30, 2018 01:08PM
I remember David Deacon.. You were one of the members very involved on this board leading up to the 2016 NFL Draft.

We are blessed they selected the California QB and that coach the Rams hired with the spiked hair, was even more of a blessing.

David Deacon
Goff has really taken another step up this year. You can see him shuffle around in the pocket and avoid pressure. You can see him roll and throw accurately on the run. I remember the scouting reports that compared him to Joe Montana with how he moved in the pocket and could throw on the run. Of course he has a much bigger arm and is a much bigger man than Montana.

I remember the Wentz/Goff choice and I loved both of them. I had a slight favoring toward Goff who had more projection than Wentz. Wentz had a fully mature body was 2 years older and the only knock on him was the level of competition. Goff on the other hand was coming out of a spread offense which seems to be a QB killer for many and takes at least a year to overcome. His body was also not mature and he would need to muscle up in the pros. Wentz was a Cam Newton type of athlete while Goff was okay, had good size and a decent arm. Goff got the check mark for the level of competition.

I thought Wentz was more of a sure thing while Goff had the Brady/Montana type of upside that is rare. At the time I thought you have to take a shot if you think that the QB can be a once in a decade type. Yes Goff had more projection and yes he would take longer to develop due the the spread offense but when I heard Les Snead talk about him after the Draft I became really pumped. I will admit that Florida Ram really did a lot to help me lock in on Goff. I admit to waffling a few times and still thing both choices were good and you couldn't lose on either one. I still feel that way.

So many of these guys don't make it and even fewer make it big time. It looks like both these guys are going to make it in a really big way. Maybe the argument will go on for years who is better. I just praise the Lord that we got one of them. After years of searching we finally have a franchise QB.

Turns out Goff has a better arm than given credit for and I have seen him run some this year and he has gotten a lot faster too. His accuracy is off the charts and he reads defenses really well. He is experienced in a pro style offense. He is one of the best QB in football but still not quite recognized as such. If we had a QB draft right now and you could pick your QB for the next 10 years I would choose Goff.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff at Cal ... re-merging this season.

RFL545September 30, 2018 08:10AM

Re: Goff at Cal ... re-merging this season.

Rams43201September 30, 2018 08:34AM

A pretty high ceiling, I think.

RFL183September 30, 2018 08:57AM

zn220September 30, 2018 09:03AM

I think you are right

NewMexicoRam174September 30, 2018 09:24AM

Agree...but

wv ram206September 30, 2018 10:17AM

Pressure ...

RFL145October 01, 2018 08:15AM

I remember the Montana like Scouting Reports

David Deacon220September 30, 2018 11:53AM

I remember the Montana like Scouting Reports. You were there Deacon

Anonymous User217September 30, 2018 01:08PM

I had no clue

WhiteHorns202September 30, 2018 01:08PM

Steve176September 30, 2018 07:05PM

I never questioned the pick for a second

reggae136September 30, 2018 07:41PM

first time I watched Goff closely at Cal...

LMU93142October 01, 2018 04:47AM