Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few more thoughts filtering in after the Raider game...

September 11, 2018 03:03PM
In no particular order...

Yeah, Cooks is an upgrade over Watkins in this O. A big one, at that.

I think Goff is in the process of taking that next step forward. Don’t know how high his ceiling is yet, but I think it’s gonna be pretty danged high under McVay and surrounded with this OL, Gurley, and these receivers. Goodness.

Don’t look now, but Blythe looks like a starter quality backup at G. And I suspect that Boom is a starter quality backup T. Can you imagine the peace of mind that gives Kromer and McVay? And the flexibility it will give Snead in next year’s draft?

I’m just gonna say it. The O runs through Gurley. McVay should tape that sentence over the top of his playlist on gameday. Additionally, someone needs to be assigned to remind him of it if he ever forgets it.

I’m thinking that our OL is among the league’s best, but the Raiders were not the sternest of tests, so stay tuned.

If and when Higbee and/or Everett can find their way into this O it will be unstoppable. If neither can, look for TE to be a high priority via draft or FA next year.

I’m in the crowd that believes that our LB’s are a work in progress. Not that they’re insufficient, but rather that they are learning to play well together in this Wade D. I think that they will improve each week and that they will eventually be pretty danged good. But I also believe that they will be mercilessly attacked each week since they are currently the least formidable unit on our D. No disrespect intended, because the DL and secondary are elite, but still... Opponents will have little choice but to focus on our LB’s.

If our “rust free” O can pick up where they left off after 2nd half of Raider game and somehow secure a two score lead against future opponents, then our opponents will be forced to abandon their “2 second” short passing game attacking our LB’s. This will cause our DL to get those sacks and pressures plus cause our secondary to work their magic, too. It would truly be a pick your poison scenario, huh? I really think this will happen, and soon. Like against the Cards.

Why are the zebras not seeing the blatant holds against our DL players? Especially AD? C’mon...

Anybody still concerned that Talib, Peters, or Suh might be a “bad influence” on this team? Didn’t think so, either.

Only been one game, but is there any doubt that Talib and Peters are BIG upgrades over TruJo and Kayvon Webster? I mean, Gruden had to scheme around them early on and when he fell behind, he (and Carr) were screwed.

Are Hekker and GZ worth their weight in gold, or what? Their value can scarcely be overstated. The field position advantage that Hekker consistently provides opens all sorts of options for McVay/Goff/ Wade Phillips and 15 of last night’s points came courtesy of GZ.

If I’m on the Cards coaching staff I’m pulling out my hair AND losing sleep while trying to prepare for the Rams. The “rustless” Rams, I might add. I read that the line moved from -10 to -12.5 after the Raider game, and that it might get to -14 soon. Mercy!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams43711September 11, 2018 03:03PM

You're so right about "offense runs through Gurley"...

Saguaro188September 11, 2018 03:45PM

"Memento Mori"....Remember Death

SunTzu_vs_Camus179September 12, 2018 04:09AM

Re: A few more thoughts filtering in after the Raider game...

Old Goat236September 11, 2018 04:15PM

Rams43171September 11, 2018 04:23PM

DEs

JYB289September 11, 2018 04:33PM

Re: DEs--Easley

Steve240September 12, 2018 04:36AM

Anonymous User285September 11, 2018 05:03PM

bigjimram21204September 12, 2018 06:34AM