Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2018 Rams: game by Game (not for betting purposes)

September 05, 2018 03:28AM
ALL in fun....still think 11-5, but this 'schedule' says #1 record in the NFL
Actually, I did this for the 2003 Rams, and Sporting News published my write up word for word, but they removed
my won/loss game by game predictions. I predicted 12-4 in 2003 (not knowing that Bulger would play,lol)

1 09/10 A Raiders 7:20P
The Raiders have a young defense, missing a corner, and their pass rush
Is not developed yet…but, it is MNF in the hole. It is too close; it also turns
Out to be the best game the Raiders play the whole season.
Rams win 1-0

2 09/16 H Cardinals 1:05P
Cards defense plays lights out; but, they don’t have 3 good corners, and the Rams seem
To know how to beat them via pass and run with all the right calls. Bradford will
Have his chance to beat the Rams, but doesn’t because he throws too hard. Ohhh, the drama. Suh has a fiery day, butDoesn’t actually sack Bradford.
Rams beat a mediocre Cards O line, but this game is too close for Ram fans and critics alike. This game scares me more than any on the Schedule because they ‘should’ win.

Rams win 2-0

3 09/23 H Chargers
Rivers knows this is his test; he plays his toughest game in years as he continually gets up off the ground for more gory abuse. “HOFer” is finally thrown his way. Rams do NOT have the juice at OT to handle what the Chargers will throw the Rams way. Jamon Brown plays the first quarter, looks bad, and is pulled. The Rams D puts up a valiant fight, but they can’t make up for the Rams offense being so disjointed.

Rams lose 2-1

4 09/27 H Vikings
Viking keep Rams offense contained the entire first half, but Rams dominate Vikings O line, and a 6-6 half comes to a close. Rams open 2nd half in no huddle, and fly down the filed; the defense continues to dominate an inaccurate Cousins. Rams get a couple of more FGs and both teams punt a lot. Rams rotate Dline all game long, and plug up everything. Peters and Talib earn the victory.

Rams win a close one 3-1

5 10/07 A Seahawks
Seattle’s old formula of running and playing tight defense kinda works the
First 4 games, and later Pete realizies he closing in on anti-Fisherhood within the division because he loses all division games this year.. Rams offense
Rams offense does not get in full gear, but Wilson and company are dominated again, and they helplessly bow to the Rams D line. Look helpless against the Rams corners and D line… defense is frisky and well rested after the 10 day break. Sherman sends a tweet during the game to let Pete know he is losing it.

Rams win 4-1

6 10/14 A Broncos

Rams win this game easily. Talib laughs after the game and thanks them for trading
Him. Case tries valiantly but looks more like the NFCC game QB of last year.

Rams win 5-1

7 10/21 A 49ers
Garrapano doesn’t do anything special, and 49er defense finds their game for one day.
Ram fans and team surprised that they escape with a victory after watching Rams offense fail to establish anything. Defense comes through with turnovers, and pass rush pounds
JimGarraptino.

Rams win 6-1

8 10/28 H Packers
Packers coming in needing a victory and Rogers almost pulls it off. Ram offense dominates time of possession, and the pack pass rush does nothing. Rams pound the ball to keep Rogers off the field.
Ram win 7-1

9 11/04 A Saints
Brees and Payton been waiting all year for this. Saints win a classic.
Rams offense looks good, but Saint out game plan the Rams defense, and Rams can’t
Beat the Saints corners consistently. Brees enjoys being young one last time---
Rams lose 7-2

10 11/11 H Seahawks
Seattle has their best game of the year on offense, but can’t clear 20 points.
Rams defense provides the victory—Pete looks tired, and wonder why his offensive line still has so many holes when playing against the Rams.

Rams win 8-2

11 11/19 H Chiefs
Mahommes has a very bad day. Sammy gets a lot of targets in the 2nd half, but it just doesn’t work out for him. Ram throw it all over the place. Rams embarrass the Chiefs defense, and they look like the best team in the NFC.

Rams win 9-2

13 12/02 A Lions
Stafford has big day, and so does Goff. Lions look like the better team, but Rams win after their 2 week lay off. Rams stay in town and rest up for the Bears next week—and their top 5 defense.

Rams win 10-2

14 12/09 A Bears
Bears take it to the Rams the entire first half. Rams are down 17-6. Rams come back to have a great 2nd half after neutralizing the Bears pass rush. 23-20 hard earned victory. Gurley’s screen pass sets up the GW field goal by Ficken.

Rams win 11-2

15 12/16 H Eagles
Eagles come in needing a victory to stay in the playoff chase. Rams play well and lose because Wentz has a historic game. Wentz is having a mediocre year after his MVP playing ways in 2017---this game the Eagles run trick plays and mediocre WRs beat Talib. Rams fans wonder why Shields didn’t come in. Rams defense can’t handle the run pass balance of the Eagles

Rams lose 11-3

16 12/23 A Cardinals
Cards are nearing the Wild Card. Brutal game with a lot of guys going down. Rosen plays the best he has played all year. Goff throws 3 interceptions, but Rams win in OT.

Rams win 12-3

17 12/30 H 49ers
49ers are learning how to run the ball, and come in with a balanced attack. The Rams D makes Garrapafallo look pretty mediocre, again, and the Rams escape with a 3 point victory late in the 4th.

Rams win 13-3

Well, that was fun, and semi realistic!
The only unrealistic thing is going 6-0 in our division. The Cards and 49ers have some players and will do some things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 03:34AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2018 Rams: game by Game (not for betting purposes)

Steve639September 05, 2018 03:28AM

Re: 2018 Rams: game by Game (not for betting purposes)

Rams43174September 05, 2018 06:56AM

AlbaNY_Ram240September 05, 2018 09:05AM

I like it, but....

RAMbler125September 05, 2018 10:33AM

3030144September 05, 2018 10:38AM

This is not meant to be a bash at our SB chances..but...

roman18134September 05, 2018 11:02AM

When you say the "NFL".

waterfield117September 05, 2018 11:06AM

I mean the NFL as an entity of itself....

roman18125September 05, 2018 11:21AM

Re: I mean the NFL as an entity of itself....

waterfield102September 05, 2018 12:12PM

Hey man...I appreciate your ideas about Karma etc....

roman1899September 05, 2018 12:42PM

Re: Hey man...I appreciate your ideas about Karma etc....

waterfield93September 05, 2018 03:30PM