Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Aaron Donald motivated by contract: 'I just don't want to let them down'

September 05, 2018 06:29AM
Rams43
SoCalRAMatic
It didn't kill him to miss camp. He's now missed two in a row. Somehow he played well last year anyway, but it hurts a D not to have all the players practice together. He did this both seasons despite being under contract. So, now that he's broken his contract and was rewarded anyway, he promises to work even harder. What a Lying slime bucket!

Too harsh, SoCal.

AD might have been asking a bit too much, we’ll never know his starting point.

And I’m no fan of his agent.

But holding out is a legit business tactic and we shouldn’t fault him for using the only tool at his disposal.

Anyway, as others have pointed out, we have a happy ending here. A true win-win. I’m glad that this distraction is over and look forward to watching this young man wreak havoc for the next 7 years!

I;'m going to re-write that so it lines up better with a more objective view.

You're entitled to your slant but I am entitled to offer my view of what a "de-slant" would look like.

AD might have been asking a bit too much and the Rams might have been offering too little, we’ll never know their starting points.

And his agency does not have a record of causing problems and in fact is the largest agency representing NFL players and therefore does dozens upon dozens of deals every year without a hitch.

But holding out is a legit business tactic and we shouldn’t fault him for using one of the many tools at his disposal since of course the team does the same thing.

Anyway, as others have pointed out, we have a happy ending here. A true win-win. That only happens, as the Raiders proved, when both the player and the team are committed to working on making a good deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 07:13AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald motivated by contract: 'I just don't want to let them down'

RamsFanSince69454September 05, 2018 03:21AM

Re: Aaron Donald motivated by contract: 'I just don't want to let them down'

SoCalRAMatic168September 05, 2018 05:18AM

Re: I don't agree..........

oldschoolramfan162September 05, 2018 05:23AM

I don't gree, either ...

AlbaNY_Ram162September 05, 2018 05:26AM

from Breer's article

zn266September 05, 2018 05:34AM

If you're going to be...