Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

from Breer's article

September 05, 2018 05:34AM
AlbaNY_Ram
It seems to me that the Rams understood the reason AD missed camp and agreed with his approach. You might think that AD violated the terms of his contract (and maybe you have a point) but even if he did he did so with the Rams' blessing. Everyone in the Rams organization is happy with the end result- Kroenke, Demoff, Snead, McVay, Phillips, Donald, and (based on everything Ive seen) his teammates. To me it makes sense to take the cue and get on board with it ... It's just business, and when it's win/win maybe you just accept the process?

I think you're just completely right.

This is from Breer's article, which is so far the best one out there describing the process that led to the signing:

. [www.si.com]

“Aaron has earned the right to be on the Rams Mt Rushmore,” GM Les Snead told me on Sunday. “And the goal, what’s best for the organization is to make sure that occurs. That principle allowed to keep things very positive through the daily grind of trying to come to a long-term solution; We all took that approach, because the endgame was always make sure Aaron Donald is a Ram for a long, long time.”

The Rams were unwilling to talk, as a matter of course, during Donald’s 2017 holdout. They backed off that this time around, almost viewing Donald staying away more as injury risk management than any sort of wildcat strike. Simply, it was an acknowledgement by the team that this was a special circumstance for a special player, and that it didn’t make much sense to try and make a point by not talking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 05:35AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald motivated by contract: 'I just don't want to let them down'

RamsFanSince69454September 05, 2018 03:21AM

Re: Aaron Donald motivated by contract: 'I just don't want to let them down'

SoCalRAMatic168September 05, 2018 05:18AM

Re: I don't agree..........

oldschoolramfan162September 05, 2018 05:23AM

I don't gree, either ...

AlbaNY_Ram162September 05, 2018 05:26AM

from Breer's article

zn265September 05, 2018 05:34AM

If you're going to be...