Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What does success look like for Brandin Cooks?

September 03, 2018 05:57AM
PeoriaRa
We paid a lot of money to B Cooks. As a result, expectations are high. Yet I think that the bar for success for Cooks is lower than many think.

What I saw last year, is that in this offense, the ball really gets spread around. We have 3 WRs that are all proven, can run good routes and can catch the ball. That, along with the % of offense that runs through Gurley, leads me to temper my definition of success for Cooks.

To me, if Cooks posts around 800-900 yards, 8-10 TDs, and plays his ROLE in the offense, I think that is success, as long as we are winning. I feel like a lot of fans are going to consider less than 1000 yards a disappointment. Not me. I think that rather than having a #1 receiver, we have three 1.5's. And that to me is far harder to defend than one dominant WR and two lesser guys.

Well said, Peoria. You are herby commanded to post more. No more being a slacker! Lol.

Yeah, here’s the goal for McVay. Spread it around among 5 deadly targets on every passing attempt. Run Gurley everywhere on the running plays.

The opposing D is gonna go crazy trying to defend the whole field against 5 threats on every play.

The play action will be even more effective this year, and that’s saying something.

We were the highest scoring team in the league last year, and that was with resting starters in the final game.

Cooks will be a fine addition to this multi-faceted O. He’ll get his touches, yards, and scores. Exactly how many of each is unimportant. Same for all the other weapons.

One last thing. I see our D as a smothering one. Therefore, our O will dominate TOP. I also see Rams playing with leads, sometimes big ones. So, probably more runs to eat clock. Well, that should probably reduce passing targets for the Fab Five (see what I did there?).

But, who cares? Name of the game is to win games, not pad stats for Cooks, or anyone else.

This team is the best Ram team since at least 2001. There, I said it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What does success look like for Brandin Cooks?

PeoriaRa489September 03, 2018 05:39AM

Rams43283September 03, 2018 05:57AM

Agreed !!

illini_ram283September 03, 2018 06:25AM

Re: Agreed !!

SoCalRAMatic409September 03, 2018 06:34AM

AlbaNY_Ram208September 03, 2018 06:52AM

BeachBoy152September 03, 2018 05:20PM

Same as last three years.

SUretHing276September 03, 2018 06:31PM

Re: bingo nm

Speed_Kills118September 03, 2018 06:37PM