Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Merlin makes a helluva good point re our LB’s with this post...

July 20, 2018 02:49AM
I don't disagree with Merlins insight but I think that the DL will be much improved with Suh and that the speed or the LB group which is superior will be allowed to run to the ball as the O line will be tied up trying to handle Suh and Donald. So I expect that we will be much improved against the run.

Against the pass we still need to see how this group will compliment the defensive line in the pass rush. I think we will have a few good rushers emerge from this group but this group is smaller than last years group. Overall Suh will add to the pass rush and just like with the running game they will need to double team up front so I think we are counting on smaller but really fast LB getting a free shot at the QB. I expect that we will be a little more creative in who the rusher is as these guys all look to be pretty good at dropping into coverage where last year Barwin or Quinn were going to be the rushers when in the lineup. I think offensives will have a lot of trouble with us this year because or defense will be much less predictable as to where pressure is coming from and who is covering in pass defense.

Anyway that may be an optimistic view of how our LB corps will shake out and how that unit fits in with the rest of the defense but that is what it seems like they are trying to do this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin makes a helluva good point re our LB’s with this post...

Rams43456July 19, 2018 09:47AM

built for speed

LMU93213July 19, 2018 10:10AM

dzrams146July 19, 2018 11:01AM

zn163July 19, 2018 11:48AM

WADE makes adjustments--needs players (Suh and Reggie White)

Steve113July 19, 2018 08:23PM

Interesting point

Atlantic Ram68July 20, 2018 12:31AM

David Deacon73July 20, 2018 02:49AM