Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams "needs"

April 24, 2018 07:03AM
There are tons of threads pointing out positions of need for this draft.
Most seem to worry about our linebacker corps, backup OL, and not infrequently, TE, red zone WR and RB. And if you take a quick look at the so called Rams depth chart, they make absolute sense. Here's my questions for you all...which of the young players already on our roster will step up and be able to become starters and if these guys are good to go are we just drafting for depth and specific rule players with all our mid and late round picks? For instance, Tree is gone, but we still have Barron, Littleton,this Wilson kid from the Chiefs and Hager as ILBs. If Littleton or Wilson replace Tree, the other becomes the top rotating sub and Hager comes in to spell everyone do we need to draft a guy inside? Outside we lost Quinn. But, Longacre played about as well and should start. Ekuban looked good out there as well. If we have these guys start maybe we're looking for subs here too? For our big red zone WR we have Reynolds and Thomas. Maybe they're ready. I don't know but it they are do we need 3 of these? TE? Well, Everett was chose with our second last season and flashed. Higbee looked improved and started and Hemingway was drafted to be a big time threat. Maybe we're looking for a late round blocker like Carrier and besides that we're set. At center, Sully did great, Blythe didn't miss a step and Eldrenkamp is liked by the staff behind them. Maybe a need in the future but not now. LT? Whit looks terrific. Who is the future here? Don't know about Williams or if they play to move Saffold back out to OT, but I can see a developing need here. But, maybe we don't have huge holes to fill. Maybe that's why we're comfortable picking late to round out our roster. Maybe we're past the abyss and the future's bright for some time. I am ready to be optimistic about our team because McSnead and Wade proved they knew what they were doing and they added a ton of exceptional talent to our squad. Cooks, Suh, Peters, Talib and the other AP CB who will be a backup. Yikes! Anyway, please let me know your thoughts about the youngsters and whether you think we're drafting for starters or subs. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams "needs"

SoCalRAMatic562April 24, 2018 07:03AM

Re: Rams "needs"

Rams43168April 24, 2018 07:26AM

Re: Rams "needs"..........As I see it.

oldschoolramfan140April 24, 2018 08:56AM

OL depth and LB in no particular order

RockRam333April 24, 2018 09:04AM

Re: UDFA's.............

oldschoolramfan141April 24, 2018 12:38PM

Always have needs