Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have said this for a long time, and I for the St. Louis fans you are just now getting it.

April 12, 2018 07:53AM
Being a Los Angeles Rams is is like dating your exwife it is not meant to be. This is taking nothing away from the St. Louis Ram Fans you guys are great. St. Louis is a great sports city and you have lost two football teams but you only experienced 20 years of getting treated like a soccer mom.

Let me share with you my memory lane:

In the early 70's we had a great team, but we could never get past the Vikings or the Cowboys. Every old Rams Fan remembers the mud bowl, Ron Jessie sitting on the goal line, the refs ruled, that he did not get in so we attempt to kick a field goal and Matt Blair blocks it and returns it for the game winning touchdown.

Jon Hadal our 1 year wonder came in and ripped up the league with the Rams he was on fire, Brandon Cooks reminds me of Harold Jackson, that was the first trade and a process where the Rams started tinkering with destroying chemistry. Some ram Fans will like the trade because of what we got in return, but when Hadal was a Ram whe hat Harold Jackson and Ron Jessie running wild.

Carrol Rosenbloom, who I like, made the most fatal mistake in Ram history, he hired George Allen for a second time instead of hiring the Stanford Rose Bowl coach who was inked to go to the Rams but it got out that he was going to hire him so he hired George Allen for a second time. The Stanford Coach's name was Bill Walsh.

Then we go to Carrol Rosenbloom, a great owner, and an olympic swimmer who some how died in 3 ft of water and the only person that was present was Georgia Frontierie, this is when it got really bad for the LA Ram Fans and really good for the St. Louis Ram Fans, since she new nothing about football she let John Shaw who rates right up there with Georgia in my eyes run the team.

In the 80's it is my opinion the Rams were the second best team in football, it just so happen that the best team was in our division. The late 70's and early 80's Ram team consisted of a great/ dominant defense, we had a great offensive line, a great running game and receivers that had a ton of potential but we never threw to them.

The Rams were great at teasing us, we finally had a team that I felt could rival the 49ers, and the Rams made a trade so un Ram like to go to the super bowl. We traded Kent Hill our pro bowl guard and a draft choice to the Oilers for Jim Everett. I could not believe it, the guard that replaced Ken Hill who was a pro bowler was Tom Newberrry who turned out to be another pro bowler. Now we had a great defense, and offense that had Eric Dickerson and one of the greatest offensive lines, our tight ends were Mike Barber (another great trade) and David Hill, a second tackle who I did not feel got the attention he deserved. On the outside we had Henry Ellard, who I feel should be a HOF and Ron Brown the fastest man in football.

The John Shaw syndrome:

If it was not for bad luck we had not luck at all, John Shaw traded Monte Jackson to the Raiders, Charles Young and Hacksaw Reynold and Wendal Tyler to the 49 era, then he left his second biggest black mark with the Rams, he traded Eric Dickerson who only had a year and a half with a young Jim Everett for basically Flipper Anderson.

After that we had a great team but we were second fiddle to the 49 res for years, The more Shaw got involved the less the Rams became more competitive, to the point they were run out of town.

St. Louis treated the Rams very good, but you guys finally felt what we experienced for years. When "we" won a Super Bowl, Georgia went out of her way to say, "this is for the St. Louis Ram Fan's " I know every La Ram fan was furious, that is why when you posted this, every La Ram Fan can say we feel your pain and love the fact that your support "our" beloved Rams.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 08:02AM by Los Angeles Lenny.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This board and distance fans

headslapper695April 11, 2018 12:05PM

agreed...!

SunTzu_vs_Camus251April 11, 2018 12:16PM

Re: This board and distance fans

wombat301April 11, 2018 01:54PM

When the Rams left St. Louis...

jemach204April 12, 2018 05:44AM

plus this whole time

zn214April 12, 2018 05:56AM

I have said this for a long time, and I for the St. Louis fans you are just now getting it.

Los Angeles Lenny248April 12, 2018 07:53AM