Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When the Rams left St. Louis...

April 12, 2018 05:44AM
I had a lunch meeting with my two sons to decide what we were going to do as football fans. We are all in Dallas so I'm in basically is a 24/7/365 football market.

Our choices were...

1) Become Dallas Cowboy fans
2) Return to my roots and become Arizona Cardinal fans
3) Stay a Los Angeles Rams fan

Well...my sons had to put up with abuse from Cowboys fans for years due to the depths the Rams fell. However, when your in a market for a long time, it's hard not to like a team just a little. You're not looking at the organization from afar. You get to know the players and there is a natural bonding. Plus, I've known a couple of the players and a friend of Ed Werder who was assigned to the Cowboys by ESPN. If you're not familiar with Ed, he was the one reporter Brett Farve would contact about his status...retire...not retire...retire...not retire. I'll be honest, I do kind of root for the Cowboys as a secondary team. But, it was so sweet leaving the game in Dallas last year with an awesome victory.

While tempting to go back to being a Cardinal fan, my sons really didn't have the attachment since the Cardinals left prior to my sons being born. However, they are huge Warner and Fitzgerald fans so it was worth the discussion. I still have a place in my heart for the Cardinals. When I received my first check out of college, I cashed it at a Savings & Loan (showing my age...remember there was no direct deposit or ATM for you young people out there) and went directly to the box office and purchased two season tickets.

Then, we came back to the Rams. And, there is no suspense...we chose to stick with the Rams. I talk with many of my St. Louis friends and there is much bitterness. Kroenke lied from day one. Demoff lied from day one. For that reason, I will never like either of the two and the sooner both are no longer part of the Rams organization the better. St. Louis is getting a bum rap as being a baseball town. Let me assure you, if the Rams would have been a perennial 8-8 team, the stadium would have been sold out every game. However, 5-43 with a threat of a move tends to lower attendance. Was it by design? Who knows. But, it was time to get over the butt hurt.

So...why did we stay with the Rams? The reasons were numerous...

1) How do you walk away from the history that was the GSOT...Faulk, Warner, Bruce, Holt, Pace...
2) The Rams just drafted a franchise QB
3) Since they were in LA, they would get more exposure just because the size of the market
4) We live in Dallas so we weren't in St. Louis anyway
5) An annual excursion to see a Rams game in California with the three of us seemed like a lot of fun
6) The Rams have an awesome history

So...not only are we Rams fans. We are die hard Rams fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 05:46AM by jemach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This board and distance fans

headslapper695April 11, 2018 12:05PM

agreed...!

SunTzu_vs_Camus250April 11, 2018 12:16PM

Re: This board and distance fans

wombat301April 11, 2018 01:54PM

When the Rams left St. Louis...

jemach203April 12, 2018 05:44AM

plus this whole time

zn213April 12, 2018 05:56AM

I have said this for a long time, and I for the St. Louis fans you are just now getting it.

Los Angeles Lenny248April 12, 2018 07:53AM