Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: one of these two

April 07, 2018 05:51AM
I absolutely love you guys. Really. You know there's a contest that you could win a million dollars if you correctly predict the entire first round in perfect order. No one has done it. It's nearly impossible. Now, you're telling me you know who we're picking in the third round 87 picks in? Inconceivable. We have no idea who will be available and at what position. We don't know if we make any other roster changes before that day. We don't know what other transactions other teams may make between now and the draft. Could we pick a RB? Sure. I'd say there's a 1 in 22 chance of that. Our Rams won't be picking a kickers, punter or long snapper so since there's 22 other positions any will be in play. I think we take the best player available at that spot. Maybe it's this Penny cat or the speedster guy from SD. Maybe it's a DL. Maybe it's an OT. I can see a center. I can see a LB. probably not a QB. Probably not a CB. Probably not secondary. I absolutely enjoy reading all the draft research and predictions posters make. I read them and look up the players and watch their highlights. But, I'm not a pro scout. I don't have time to watch every game and talk to the college coaches about these kids.
For me, I find the range of picks most useful. So we supposedly will pick at 3-87. We could very well trade up, down or out, but let's agree that 1-87 is our first pick and no other roster moves are made between now and then. Who do we think will be available at that spot? We would need to predict the other 86 players picked before us. Now, we can get closer to predicting who could be picked from the top 100 because we no longer care about which team makes each pick and in what order. So eliminate the 6 QBs, we get 80. We know there's probable 3 DTs, 77. And so on. I'd love to see a list of who is not going to be available and who we might be left with from whom to choose. If we could get there then debating the relative talent level versus apparent need become really valuable. Deadpool made a list of his top 100. I kept that and will use it draft day. Who else has their own list? Could you post it? Then, if we get several lists it would be like our GM getting scouting reports from several scout and weighting his board. When we get to pick 80 or so it could be quite exciting. We could see who is left and predict which teams ahead to take certain players and we'll see the range of guys who are pretty good athletes to choose from. We make our pick. We debate the choice and who else was there and then we get ready for the fourth rotund where we get two picks. Yikes! Anyway, just rambling away, but some of you are really good draftnicks. Please eliminate 86 picks and tell us who's left. That is where the fun is.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I have a strange feeling....the Rams draft in the 3rd round

ferragamo79923April 05, 2018 07:20PM

here's why I don't think they would draft a back that high

zn422April 05, 2018 07:28PM

Re: here's why I don't think they would draft a back that high

DudeRam335April 05, 2018 07:34PM

ferragamo79293April 05, 2018 07:47PM

DudeRam309April 05, 2018 07:34PM

I think you are having apostrophe problems...

jemach159April 08, 2018 05:24AM

they have been checking out Penny

ferragamo79284April 05, 2018 07:42PM

it wouldn't surprise me

LMU93277April 06, 2018 04:46AM

leafnose235April 07, 2018 03:35AM

SoCalRAMatic225April 07, 2018 05:51AM