Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay: “No limitations” on how to use Brandin Cooks

April 05, 2018 04:02AM
McVay describes him as a "physical player" that can play any WR position.

Link

Posted by Josh Alper on April 5, 2018, 8:18 AM EDT

The Rams were interested in wide receiver Brandin Cooks for a while before landing him in a trade with the Patriots this week, so it doesn’t come as any surprise that head coach Sean McVay is a fan of what Cooks can do on the field.

McVay was on ESPN Los Angeles to discuss the deal that brought Cooks to Los Angeles as the newest weapon on offense and said he’s “always” been a fan of the wideout’s ability.

“Really, just watching from him coming out, [he’s] just a strong, physical — he might be smaller in stature, but he’s a physical player,” McVay said, via the team’s website. “He’s wired to separate. You see him compete after the catch, you see him compete down the field. And I think being able to play in two systems that I have a lot of respect for with New Orleans and New England, you can really evaluate a variety of routes. And they were moving him around, playing in the slot, playing outside. And that’s the thing that you’re excited about is this guy’s got the ability to create in a variety of ways. And there’s really no limitations in how you can utilize him.”

There’s been talk in New England since the trade that Cooks, who had 65 catches for 1,082 yards and seven touchdowns last year, wasn’t a great fit for the Patriots’ offensive system. McVay disagrees with that sentiment, saying he believes Cooks “fits in any system” although the only question that matters right now is how well he fits the Rams system.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 04:33AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude444April 05, 2018 04:02AM

cooking

wv ram249April 05, 2018 04:22AM

Re: cooking

RamsFootballFans.com222April 05, 2018 04:27AM

Ram Fan Teacher215April 05, 2018 04:36AM

Ramsdude215April 05, 2018 04:46AM

Re: Good Post Ramsdude