Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I agree with you; but it's also why there will be a work stoppage

March 28, 2018 03:24AM
First, at the least, there should be limitless contact available between coaching staff and QB. The QB gets the most money for a reason; and for that he ought to be an exemption to those rules about coach/player contact.

And, while I understand the motive behind limiting OTAs, hitting, etc., it is currently too restrictive and needs to be liberalized to a degree.

But here's the thing: issues like this that Goodell signed off on are now bedrock principles in the CBA. The hardest thing to do in any negotiation is to take something away that already exists. In fact, the militant flavor of the Player's Union bosses rhetoric makes it clear that not only do they intend to go to the wall to keep what they have, they're going to demand much more.

The owners know that other than the rookie salary scale, they pretty much screwed the pooch on the last CBA and are intent on swinging the pendulum back the other direction.

Enjoy the next couple of seasons. "War" is coming between the NFL and the Players Union and it is going to involve work stoppage and probably for an extended period of time. There doesn't appear (on the surface anyway) to be much common ground. The owners are awash in money, the players have become a 2 tiered populace of the super well paid and the lower end of the wage scale and are not happy about it. All the ingredients for some serious repercussions.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

They gotta fix this damn CBA - McVay & Goff

Speed_Kills540March 27, 2018 04:49PM

Re: They gotta fix this damn CBA - McVay & Goff

bigjimram21195March 27, 2018 07:58PM

Re: They gotta fix this damn CBA - McVay & Goff

Ramsdude119March 28, 2018 04:08AM

McKay and goff have to learn a hurry up offense

Rams_81134March 28, 2018 02:36AM

I suspect a deeper learning & drill down by Goff/McVay into....

SunTzu_vs_Camus136March 28, 2018 02:55AM

I agree with you; but it's also why there will be a work stoppage

RockRam142March 28, 2018 03:24AM

history

zn180March 28, 2018 04:02AM