Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sitautions matter for players...staff, scheme etc...ask Alshon

March 10, 2018 04:24AM
Alsohn Jeffries just signed a huge contract in Philly after a 1 yr prove it.

Is Watkins better or worse than Jeffries? I think better in our system.

I think he's much better, but hasn't had the QB in his 4yrs in Buffalo along with injuries...
and with the Rams came late to the party and into a new system and wasn't completely on the same page with Goff. imo
Also, limited targets, but what he DID with those 39 catches and 8TDs kinda proves a bit of a point...Watkins scores TDs.
More Targets = more TDs...I betcha. And yet, Watkins 5 yr career stats, so far, are comparable with other WRs who got big contracts(Baldwin, etc).

I think Watkins is the best WR we've had since Holt & Bruce...and Watkins opened up the field for the rest of the ensemble cast of WRs to do their best. If Watkins goes, no other WR we have could scare a defense with a deep threat. Maybe if Reynolds take a big step up and just scores a bunch next year in Watkins' place...but that's an unknown. Watkins is a known quantity and one that will take every FS with him every time he goes deep.
THAT is from Watkins production and film reputation...and that's saying a lot!

Think of Woods? Did anyone think he'd become this go-to guy for Goff that would become a security blanket with speed?? Nope.
So, our system will ALWAYS spread it around to keep the defense off balance...but Watkins had 3TDs more than Woods + Kupp combined on far less targets & recs. In fact, Watkins alone almost doubled Kupp & Woods 10 combined TDs - with Watkins 8 TDs...on just 39 recs.

I sure hope he gives the Rams a chance to sign but I fear after the insane contract the Bucs gave...Watkins is gone. It was a calculated risk and the Rams gambled and lost. Heck, I'm starting to think no player will sign long term contracts and will always test FA from now on...then, sign only 1yr deals in hopes of cashing in. Look at Joyner...why on earth did he not sign a long term deal yet?? He's a Top 5 FS now after 1 season??? Joyner seems like he's goin the route of Tru...I'd draft a FS if one falls to us or do what we did to get another Safety like JJIII we found in the 3rd. It can be done...and I wouldn't rule it our if someone drops that we like...and a player ALWAYS drops to the early 2os that NO ONE thought would...either a CB, LB, DL, OL, or Safety. If the value is there along with the fit...draft him...if not Snead will trade down(out of the 1st maybe and pick up more 2nds or 3rds...and use those picks well on defense or OL.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 04:32AM by SunTzu_vs_Camus.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vinny B., Rich Hammond: market might not be what some think for Watkins

RockRam855March 09, 2018 02:09PM

Re: You gotta link?...NM

laram179March 09, 2018 02:12PM

Re: You gotta link?...NM

RamBill266March 09, 2018 03:21PM

Re: Gracias Mr RB....NM

laram252March 09, 2018 03:58PM

Re: Vinny B., Rich Hammond: market might not be what some think for Watkins

bigjimram21248March 09, 2018 02:25PM

Re: Vinny B., Rich Hammond: market might not be what some think for Watkins