Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: This echoes a statement Demoff made about being risk takers

March 09, 2018 03:01AM
A few weeks ago I said I was having trouble getting into the draft because I there seemed to be so many moving parts. Well I can say I never dreamed we woudl make the moves we have made and it is fun as a fan and quite impressive.

The Quinn trade I did not expect I thought we would cut him but getting a mid round pick for him is a nice bonus. My thoughts at the time were that LB was a more pronounced need.

Then we trade Tree which was a shock. I always thought they like Tree, more than I did but I guess I am wrong and we get another pick and LB is now a big hole.

Going into the off season I thought we had big holes in secondary but wow trader Les fixed that with Aqib Talib, Sam Shields and Marcus Peters plus putting the Franchise on Joyner. Now the Secondary is a big strength maybe best in the league. I must say I didn't see any of that coming and we didn't give up much in the process of getting to this point.

Still not sure what is going to happen with Barron but right now he is our most experience LB. I thought Littleton played well when given a chance and Longcare was very productive. Samson Ebukam is physically gifted and did get a few starts and looked okay. Brent Hager and Cameron Lynch have been on special teams mostly but maybe they are showing more in practice than we know. While Longcare is good in the pass rush I am not sure who is going to be counted on to stop the run.

I suspect we are going to use our first pick on the best available player that is either capable of helping to stop the run or rushing the passer and that pick with either be on the DLine or LB. It seems like there is a bunch of good talent available at those positions so the draft and our needs seem to match up pretty good.

On offense it seems that Sammy just isn't going to stay. I think they want him and are willing to pay him but I think he can make more elsewhere and more importantly can be the main focus of the offense. While he said all the right things last year I don't think he liked being on of the guys in the WR room. He wants to be the main man not one of the guys. But what do I know.

Anyway I think we grab some OL talent in the draft to develop and resign Sullivan. Picks 1 and 3 probably go to the defense and then the rest are lottery tickets and we are probably taking the best rated talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down in the first round if we can get 2 second rounders. That is unless they love somebody and they fall to us.

So look for a plugger, a pass rusher and a run stopping LB to be coming our way. How they come to us is anyone's guess with Les in charge.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

With Aqib Talib Trade, Rams and Broncos Show That Neither Is Content to Settle for Mediocrity

RamBill420March 08, 2018 07:08PM

Re: With Aqib Talib Trade, No pass rushers needed now, LOL

Steve151March 08, 2018 07:32PM

This echoes a statement Demoff made about being risk takers

RockRam211March 09, 2018 02:10AM

David Deacon128March 09, 2018 03:01AM

dzrams103March 09, 2018 05:15AM