Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gotta admire how this FO and coaching staff nails personnel moves...

February 28, 2018 07:02AM
Not just draft picks, but FA decisions both incoming and outgoing. Shouldn’t overlook that the coaches are top notch developers of talent, too.

The Rams have numerous difficult decisions for this offseason personnel wise.

AD
Watkins
Sully
Quinn
Barron
Barwin
TruJo
NRC

These are the headliners, but there are so many others.

I have great confidence that this collaboration will make smart unemotional decisions about all incoming and outgoing FA’s. Not to mention having another draft of smart football players that will be good fits in the respective schemes. It’s all about players that are good fits AND sometimes being put in a different position for which they are better suited. A helluva combo.

Why am I so confidant? Because that’s exactly what they did last year practically as soon as they walked in the doors.

Some examples of culling out players that weren’t good “fits” and of bringing in unheralded players that were excellent fits:

Kenny Britt was dropped like a hot potato and Woods brought in. Ironically, Britt got a bigger contract than Woods to play last year. Results were light years apart and in Rams favor.

Barnes dropped, Sully in. And for less than $1million. Bam!

Whit signed, GRob out. Might be best FA signing of the year league wide in terms of turnaround improvement and importance.

Brockers moved over to DE. Huge and immediate success.

Joyner moved to FS. Had an outstanding year. Some have said top 5.

These are just a few highlights. There were so many more.

My point? Difficult decisions are looming, some on players to which fans have become sentimentality attached. Gonna require tough and accurate evals and then decisions. I think this staff is more than up to it. Some fans may be surprised by a move or two, both incoming and outgoing, but I suspect that the results on the field will be positive once again.

I predict that Wade’s D gets largely “finished” before all the dust settles. Might not all be household names as FA’s, and some will surely be rookies. But when Wade get’s done with tinkering with his new toys? Look out!

Here’s to an active and productive offseason!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gotta admire how this FO and coaching staff nails personnel moves...

Rams43409February 28, 2018 07:02AM

Mc-Snead II

wv ram182February 28, 2018 07:42AM

Re: Good looking wv....

laram109February 28, 2018 07:57AM

Re: Mc-Snead II

no name103February 28, 2018 08:01AM

bermuda triangle

wv ram118February 28, 2018 08:08AM

Re:E.J. Gaines provided "equal impact" LOL

laram98February 28, 2018 08:17AM

Re: Re:E.J. Gaines provided "equal impact" LOL

Rampage2K-114February 28, 2018 08:25AM

Re: Yeah that broken clock thing! lol...NM

laram103February 28, 2018 08:30AM

Re: Gotta admire how this FO and coaching staff nails personnel moves...

TheGuru136February 28, 2018 07:56AM