Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I hear both of you - Its tricky

January 10, 2018 06:44AM
Watkins has a elite skill set

but has never shown or played consistently like an elite WR - not consistently

So McVay is going to have to figure out how much he believes in Watkins v Reynolds and these young TEs and yes an emerging Kupp. His offense is diverse enough schematically to not need Watkins. So IMO it comes down to wanting him or favoring him

IMO he did not move that needle this year - Was that because he wasn't familiar with the system ...sure it could be

Watkins can go a long way to helping the Rams with this decision by taking a year prove it deal before we even get to FA

He does that and we are good and can focus on Joyner who is a budding star

zn

As I think about how McVay's offense works, and where the targets were, I don't think we need a "#1 WR" that is meant to be a deep threat.

Any good team needs a Watkins or DeSean Jackson or the equivalent. So far McV has not managed an offense that DIDN'T have a guy like that, so we don't actually know if he has the same offense without a guy like that.

In any event you might as well say of Gurley, you don;t need a high caliber elite RB to win in the NFL.

Yeah true but you are still better off if you have one.

Whether it's Watkins or someone else, yes, you do need a high caliber WR in the mix. All teams do. They're all better with one than without one.

The Rams already have a #1 WR type---Woods---(I don't equate "#1 WR" with "elite physical speciman at WR"winking smiley but then adding a top notch deep threat to that is a good thing.

I can manage just fine without finding a bag full of 10s of thousands of dollars, but if I did find such a thing, I wouldn't throw it away either.

Again that's whether it's Watkins or someone else who fits that description.

The only reason most teams don't have a guy like that is that guys like that are not that common.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The more I think about it, we might not need a big money Wide Out.

RockRam581January 10, 2018 05:08AM

Re: The more I think about it, we might not need a big money Wide Out.

zn314January 10, 2018 05:39AM

Re: I hear both of you - Its tricky

Speed_Kills231January 10, 2018 06:44AM

Would like to see a good receiving TE and Sammy

Hazlet Hacksaw214January 12, 2018 02:53AM

Re: and it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect

Speed_Kills234January 12, 2018 09:14AM

I could see McVay moving on from Watkins...

Rams43263January 10, 2018 07:44AM

Re: I could see McVay moving on from Watkins...

oldschoolramfan206January 10, 2018 07:50AM

Re: The more I think about it, we might not need a big money Wide Out.

Classicalwit216January 11, 2018 07:52PM

Re: that's the truth...

spagsbacker205January 12, 2018 03:18AM

Re: that's the truth...

Classicalwit185January 12, 2018 05:16AM

I think a legit deap threat WR is always needed

six2stack160January 12, 2018 08:01AM