Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You hit on a key point that will be important to get right as they enter the playoffs

December 19, 2017 04:49PM
I know the focus needs to be actually getting into the playoffs.

However, there are two things that a team needs to have ROLLING if it wants to go far in the playoffs. One is Defense. Except for the Eagles game....the Rams D has been getting it done in recent weeks. The other is a running game. You need to be able to dictate the line of scrimmage and run the ball to keep the ball out of the opponents hands. Run it right up their throat when the know it's coming. I agree that McVay needs to get this offense run-hungry. I would really like to see this involve more than just Gurley. Malcom Brown and Justin Davis need to be getting reps. Tavon just isn't the kind of runner to punish a defense that is getting worn down.

I honestly think part of McVay's avoiding giving Gurley 20+ touches as the Rams reached mid-year was to try to save him for the playoffs (since it seemed obvious to McVay that the Rams would be in the playoffs). He has realized in the past few weeks that it's OK to go heavy on Gurley to take over the game. I think Brown is capable of getting 3 or 4 tough yards late in the game when they are needed. Best case scenario is to get Gurley his touches against Tenn and SF.....so the games are decided by early second half....and let the rest of the RB crew maul the defense in the second half. Get them all tuned up to ground and pound in the playoffs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I would like to see next two games - offense playing straight up more

PeoriaRa341December 19, 2017 02:56PM

agree on the cute stuff

21Dog144December 19, 2017 03:01PM

The problem is

waterfield107December 19, 2017 05:02PM

Re: What I would like to see next two games - offense playing straight up more

CraigMatson130December 19, 2017 03:25PM

There is one trick play i DO want to see though, Donald as a FB

PeoriaRa114December 19, 2017 04:29PM

You hit on a key point that will be important to get right as they enter the playoffs

chunkmeister148December 19, 2017 04:49PM

Right on, Cmeister! nm.

Saguaro104December 19, 2017 06:18PM

Well they did last week

Speed_Kills114December 19, 2017 04:57PM