Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well sure it's easy "after the fact". But it was said before the fact.

November 07, 2017 01:54PM
Nobody is saying "hey, I called it -- after the fact!"

Anyway, it's all just a discussion. As far as I know, nobody on here is always right. Nobody.

I just wondered if people had changed their minds. As recently as this preseason, I still saw several people posting that Goff wasn't worth the picks.
That surprised me.

Have they changed their minds yet, or do they still think that, and why? Would be interesting to know.

Seems to be very easy for some posters to say "wow, did I get that one wrong." And extremely difficult for others, lol. Some of them just stop posting.

Nobody has to kowtow or congratulate anyone.

But what's the point of having a discussion that can only be answered in the future, if not to revisit it in the future to see how it all panned out?

I've always liked the repost threads even when I was one of the ones wildly wrong. As long as it's good-natured and not part of some grudge. It's very entertaining to see how some posters were dead on, and some were 180 out. Seems to me that making those taboo is just being too sensitive. People need to laugh at themselves. It's healthy.

There were actually two separate questions in the spring of 2016.

1. Was the trade by the Rams worth it for any QB in that draft?
2. And later, was Goff the right pick?

Within hours of the trade, I posted that the trade was worth it. In the immediate aftermath, I thought they had traded up to get Wentz.
But my post about the trade did not assume that. My post was simply saying that you have to swing for the fences when you desperately need a franchise QB, you can't just keep throwing backups out there, or hoping you get lucky.

In the runup to the draft, I drifted towards favoring Goff.

I could not then, nor do I now, see the reasoning that saving those picks for lower level players was better than taking a shot at getting a franchise QB.
But people don't all think alike, and that's good.

Right now, Wentz appears to have a slight edge on Goff, but it's close enough to wait and see for a few more years.

They might both have great careers, and the question may never be settled.

Both Wentz and Goff appear to be well worth what the Rams and Eagles paid for them.

I no longer see anyone saying "wish we had the picks back", so I guess I'll take silence as agreement. Good.

thumbs up smiley

Ramily!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Remember before 2016 draft.

RAMSINCE ARNETT655November 07, 2017 07:11AM

I was thinking same thing

ferragamo79263November 07, 2017 08:13AM

Does anyone want to trade Goff back for those 6 picks?

Saguaro338November 07, 2017 08:18AM

IMHO, there's an even chance Goff may have busted....

RAMbler183November 07, 2017 08:26AM

Anyone want to trade Goff back for those 6 picks?

Anonymous User171November 07, 2017 02:27PM

I'm dieting...

JamesJM140November 07, 2017 02:30PM

Re: Remember before 2016 draft.

Rams43208November 07, 2017 08:23AM

Re: Remember before 2016 draft.

CraigMatson159November 07, 2017 02:03PM

It's easy to say after the fact, though

Blue and Gold191November 07, 2017 12:14PM

Well sure it's easy "after the fact". But it was said before the fact.

Saguaro196November 07, 2017 01:54PM

Why?

Blue and Gold145November 07, 2017 02:15PM

I was so mad

Los Angeles Lenny167November 07, 2017 12:27PM

I loved Goff and Wentz

alyoshamucci192November 07, 2017 04:43PM