November 01, 2017 03:26AM
How in the world could the Browns screw-up something so simple and straightforward as a trade of draft picks for a player?

I have a hunch about this.

First; the Browns could have had Deshawn Watson. But in their QB wisdom they passed on him.

But second, earlier in the day, yesterday, the Niners announced that they had acquired Garapallo from NE for a 2nd rounder.
I can only imagine the anxt in the Brown's FO when they heard that as they could only imagine their fans reaction when they heard that the Browns could have acquired a legitimate starting QB, trained and prepped by Bill Belicheck for 3 years, for a mere 2nd rounder.

So what happens next? The Browns go into scramble mode and at the last second manage to wrest McArron away from the Bengals. The price? A 2nd AND a 3rd!!! Is McArron worth more than Garapallo??? Of course not. But the Bengals knew they had the Browns in a pickle.

And you can bet your boots that had the Browns offered NE a 2nd and a 3rd for Garapallo they would have taken it. I'd be willing to bet money that the Browns didn't even contact NE. In fact, the entire McArron thing sounds like a reactionary Hail Mary when they found out what the Niners pulled off.

And even when they made the deal for McArron, they couldn't get the paperwork right and blew it!! Now they're stuck with Kizer.

McArron is a very lucky young man. Going to the Browns is like being sent to football Alcatraz.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Browns QB debacle

RockRam637November 01, 2017 03:26AM

Wasn' t it Hugh Jackson who said none of the QBs rated high in the draft

GreatRamNTheSky277November 01, 2017 03:30AM

Jackson clearly a Peter Principle victim

RockRam265November 01, 2017 03:37AM

I feel bad for the Browns

GreatRamNTheSky227November 01, 2017 06:35AM

Andrew Brandt suggests possible comspiracy theory

Blue and Gold338November 01, 2017 09:14AM

I feel bad for Browns fans