Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FREE PARKING near Coliseum every Sunday....

September 14, 2017 10:54AM
I went to a bunch of games at the Coliseum last year and got free parking every time. Here's how...

Metered parking on the street is FREE all day on Sundays in downtown. Take the 110 freeway through downtown, get off on Exposition Blvd. Drive straight about a block or two to Figueroa St. Turn right on Figueroa and start looking for a place to park on Figueroa. You might have to drive as far as half a mile or more to find a spot, depending how early you get there. Last year if I got there 2 hours before kick-off I could find a metered parking spot on Figueroa within a half mile walk of the Coliseum every time. If I got there an hour or less before kick-off I had to park a bit further down, maybe a mile at most. No problem, I need the walking exercise. I go to the gym and walk a mile on the treadmill so why not walk on the sidewalk for a mile?

Worst case scenario, if you don't want to walk that far, get an uber or lyft after you park and have them drop you off near the Coliseum for $4 -$5 each way. This works especially well if you are parking more than a mile away. Also, Figueroa is a safe street to park on so you don't have to worry about your vehicle getting broken into, especially in the middle of the day. Now if you're driving a Ferrari, you can probably pay the $50-$100 to park in a lot.

I missed last Sunday's game due to being out of town for work, but I'll be there this Sunday to hang with Mark (Rampage2K) and whoever else is there.

GRITS are you going Sunday?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Great , great experience at THE COLISEUM.......

roman18572September 14, 2017 03:52AM

Agree!

Crazylegs269September 14, 2017 04:44AM

I also met with Rampage, last year...

JamesJM260September 14, 2017 04:50AM

Re: Great , great experience at THE COLISEUM.......

leafnose230September 14, 2017 04:58AM

RFIP239September 14, 2017 05:00AM

I'm Going To The Game On Sunday...Would Like Some Advice

ramBRO226September 14, 2017 08:07AM

Re: I'm Going To The Game On Sunday...Would Like Some Advice

Rampage2K-211September 14, 2017 10:11AM

Rampage2K-226September 14, 2017 09:24AM

FREE PARKING near Coliseum every Sunday....

Valley-Ram323September 14, 2017 10:54AM