Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, as I recently said...

August 25, 2017 01:10PM
quality over quantity. Let say for the sake of argument, (and our sanity), that Watkins is 'elite'. It's going to be very tough for Watkins to 'show' elite unless a lot of things come together... not the least of which is the other receivers being at minimum 'competent', and hopefully a lot more than just competent.

Most, (I think all?), of you guys know McVay better than I do... although I AM catching up.. having watched some links of Wash. provided to me on this board. And preseason is NO place to try to figure out what McVay's game strategy may be. But that said..

usually in preseason games it's is often apparent that on any given play the strategy is 'lets see what this guy can do'... I don't think McVay has done that. It's more "Lets see what this play, and all it's permutations' can do". That may not indicate what the season is going to bring.. pass vs run.. exactly what type of passes, or runs.... but I think it is indicative of a different outlook about offensive strategy ... means of attacking defenses. Put very crudely... no play is unduly reliant on one 'elite' individual. If McVay sees that Watkins can get deep he's going to 'set that up' by a carefully structured game plan with consideration for all 11 players' abilities and weaknesses. IOW, he's going to optimize the chance of success by more than simple reliance on one players ability.

Ok, that was a long winded way of saying: I don't see extremely high numbers of receptions for any one, or two, receivers under McVay... although that could certainly happen depending on how things shake out. Obviously if D's can't figure out how to stop Kupp, or Austin, or any other, their #'s will soar. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Kupp thing is really typical NFL: regret for the obvious

RockRam785August 25, 2017 06:01AM

Re: The Kupp thing is really typical NFL: regret for the obvious

Rams43234August 25, 2017 06:21AM

Re: Maybe, maybe not....

laram295August 25, 2017 06:33AM

Re: Maybe, maybe not....

GreatRamNTheSky203August 25, 2017 07:01AM

Re: Man some of you move so quickly

Speed_Kills221August 25, 2017 07:04AM

Re: Man some of you move so quickly

psxpaul191August 25, 2017 10:02AM

Some guy had him at 100 catches this season...

Atlantic Ram156August 25, 2017 12:43PM

Well, as I recently said...

JamesJM158August 25, 2017 01:10PM