Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well, you did say offseason...

June 14, 2017 11:37AM
Saguaro
but without that caveat...virtually everything is in your post is jumping the gun.

How can it possibly be said that player X "looks like a good signing" at this point? It can't. We haven't seen them on the field as a Ram yet. We have no results of any kind to measure these statements against.

I guarantee you that every NFL team's media is spinning the same kind of tales of how good this or that rookie, or free agent, or player returning from injury, looks at this point. It's all strawberries and cream at every NFL headquarters. It's part of the sports entertainment industry.

That's not to say that you're wrong. Just that we freakin' don't really know yet, 43! Right now everything good about the Rams exists in a vacuum. It can all be true. These guys are great athletes, great football players, some of them are great people to boot!

But the NFL is a competition between the best of the best! So it's still an unanswered question whether this year's version of the Rams is actually better than the teams they have to play. Hint: they're not favored in one single game right now.

I am cautiously optimistic myself. Emphasis on the word cautious!

But when you go (IMO) overboard like this you actually drive me in the opposite direction. It's so sugar sweet and rich that I just want to spit it out and back away.

I'm waiting for at least preseason to draw any conclusions about the quality of this team yet.

That said, I can't help liking Coach McVay and hoping that he turns out to be a good one!

Feel free to jump on the bandwagon after the season is well underway and the team and players are doing well, Sag.

I've saved a seat for you.

But, as I said, it's just mid June and I couldn't wait. Lol.

BTW, was there a specific one of my comments that you disagreed with? One that seems incompatible with best current public info?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few way too early random thoughts at this point of the offseason...

Rams43735June 14, 2017 10:28AM

Good writeup for a guy like me

ArizonaRamFan289June 14, 2017 10:45AM

Slacker!

Ramadune239June 14, 2017 11:33AM

Well, you did say offseason...

Saguaro306June 14, 2017 10:51AM

Let me introduce you to my hopium dealer...

ArizonaRamFan215June 14, 2017 11:35AM

Re: Well, you did say offseason...

Rams43239June 14, 2017 11:37AM

Fair question. (edit)

Saguaro313June 14, 2017 03:32PM

Re: Fair question. (edit)

Rams43207June 14, 2017 03:56PM

heheh, no, that's not what I'm saying.

Saguaro262June 14, 2017 04:53PM

Re: Fair question. (edit)

73Ram215June 14, 2017 04:00PM

Re: A few way too early random thoughts at this point of the offseason...

k3237June 14, 2017 07:50PM