Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i'll add my 2 cents here as well - edit, kinda long, sorry

February 08, 2017 10:31AM
alyoshamucci
So I've done maybe 50 mocks now on fanspeak and am getting a feel for how many players there are and what position types will be available in certain areas. It's not an exact science by any stretch but I have gotten pretty good at determining what "kinds" of players will be available where by using multiple different draft boards (not mine, I don't make mine until later).

The thick positions are DE and CB ... but we don't need DE anymore so our first order of business is to take care of making sure we get an impact player outside either to play across from, or to replace Tru. I have been consistently offered trade downs in the second for a 4th rounder ... but for the sake of this experiment I'm not going to assume that. I will say that an extra 4th makes a huge difference for us every time I procure it.

Without further ado ...

2) CB ... Likely Conley or Tredavius White after all is said and done ... the others have physical attributes that should put them in round 1 (or just before us in round 2)

I tend to agree. I would love for Adoree Jackson to fall into the 2nd due to his light weight, but it prolly isn't happening. I also see CB as the likely pick with massive value meeting a need after they lose Tru.

3) TE ... Leggett or Butt. I believe Hodges, NJoku and Howard will be gone, maybe even another smaller school kid like Everett. But either of those players would be an upgrade over Kendricks, who I have going out the door. Not sure TE will be a major need this year. Can't argue either of these guys in the 3rd though.

4) WR ... Josh Reynolds is my favorite here, and I have no idea how he's going to be trending. If he's not here, then Tayway Taylor, Darboh, Ardarius Stewart. One should be there. Love this pick. One guy I would keep an eye on would be Malachi Dupree. he is a 2nd round talent with 4th round production due to awful QB play.

4) OC Jon Toth. This is tricky. If he's not here I'm likely going to grab a 5 tech like Isaac Rochele

I am down on the OC class this year and pray they can do anything in FA. Toth is/ would be my choice in this class. he held up very well against Alabama IMO.

5) rOLB Vince Begiel ... this spot could be taken by a more pure rusher like Devonte Fields or Mathis if beigel isn't there, or a more LB prototype like Carrol Phillips and Ejuan Price .. one should be there.

Phillips is a 1st round talent with 3rd round red flags. Gotta look at some Beigel.

6) S Lorenzo Jerome .. he may ascend during the process, but there are a TON of quality players at the position this year so here is where I'd grab one. Jadar Johnson is another flying under the radar.

I would take a look at Fish Smithson from Kansas as well.

6) DT Josh Tupuo .. Big, strong DT. there are more than a few big bodies for rotational purposes at this stage in the draft.

7) RB Devine Redding ... Matt Dayes may be here, Boom Williams, etc. Im looking for fresh legs that can catch the football.

In the last 2 rounds it becomes BPA with depth and ST in mind. I would look hard at a RB like you did. maybe a 2nd CB and or LBer depth.

Odds are if we lose Trumaine Im spending another pick on a CB, and likely early-ish. Maybe even back to back 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I am assuming that we are likely to land a center in FA, but Im not counting on it. I figure we also get a WR from Washington to help the transition and lose Kenny Britt.

There are going to be many many defensive quality rotation players at every position that go undrafted. So depth should not be an issue.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

As we head into FA, here is where I am at mentally. (insert jokes here)

1. Tru is gone.
2. Britt and Quick are gone.
3. The Rams will sign a Washington WR and I pray its Garcon, have a sinking feeling its gonna be Jackson.
4. The Rams will also add some mid range pcs to the defense in the front 7.
5. I can see the Rams signing a lower end FS.

After FA going into the draft:
1. The OT class is a hot mess and there is exactly 1 LT that can start year 1 and it isn't Robinson.
2. The Rams are going to draft a QB that fits McVay/Olsen/LaFluer
3. The Rams biggest needs going into the draft will be CB, 3-4 OLB, WR, OL and a QB

My mock would look something similar to Alyo's with a couple of differences:

#2 - A CB like Conley/ White / Jackson - too much value to pass up. I will add that I would trade into backend of round 1 for Corey Davis if he somehow lasted.
#3 - Jordan Willis OLB - I would love for Cooper Kupp to be here but he is gone by the middle of round 2. Give Son of Bum a rush OLB that can also set the edge.
#4 - Josh Reynolds - he would compliment Garcon/Austin/ Jackson as a #2/#3. And as a redzone target. malachi Dupree if he lasts this long would be in consideration as well.
#5 - Im reaching for my personal favorite QB here with Chad Kelly. If Mannion isnt a fit, you are gonna need a QB to groom behind Goff if he doesn't pan. Is Kelly a fit for McVay? IDK but I like his toolbox.
#6 - Stanley Williams - Alyo and i agree on some RB depth here with a speedy back that can catch the ball.
#7 - Tony Connor - A rangy FS that had a down year coming off a knee. If he regains form, he is a steal. If he doesn't he is a ST or a Camp cut with nothing lost but a 7th rounder.

If the Rams end up with an extra 4th or 5th I would love to get my hands on Brian Hill RB Wyoming. Another guy I would love to add in the 4th would be Kendall Beckwith. IMO adding a true ILB next to Tree would be a great idea. I just have no idea what they would do with Barron.

Also if Dan Feeney slides to the 2nd round and I am the Rams, i am running to the podium as I scribble his name in crayon on that card.

I think Evan Engram is the best fitting TE for the McRams offense. But he is gone by the 3rd round and a high #2 is not great value.

There are a ton of 3-4 rush backers in this class and I am enjoying really going over them again.

Ryan Ramczyk is the best LT in the draft and even he is a tad raw. Robinson can get beat by speed. And did.

You can find some good sleeper OGs.

IMO there are only 2 true #1 WRs in this draft. Corey Davis and Mike Williams. I think Kupp could be that guy in the right offense. Westbrook is too small, Zay Jones is over rated, Reynolds is under rated. Dupree is my sleeper now that the world knows about Kupp. I absolutely love Chance Allen later on. Call him speeper #2.

Ryan Anderson is under rated as a 3-4 OLB from Alabama. Tim Williams and Rueben Foster get al the pub, but Anderson can play.

Daeshon Hall 3-4 OLB from TAM intrigues me after the 4th round.

Derek Rivers a 250 lb DE from Youngstown St is a stud.

Marquis Haynes - did he return to school?

Ben Boulware - he isn't the most athletically gifted ILB ever, but he is smart, tough and instinctive and a nice late round addition to a team.

James Conner - RB from Pitt is going to make a team this fall. He is a hammer with heart, talent and commitment to football.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 10:34AM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout pre combine Mock ... generalizations

alyoshamucci1335February 07, 2017 08:39AM

Re: Blinkscout pre combine Mock ... generalizations

LMU93639February 07, 2017 09:13AM

alyoshamucci481February 07, 2017 09:41AM

oldmanram578February 07, 2017 10:29AM

alyoshamucci549February 07, 2017 10:35AM

Re: walterfootball Ram visit list