Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

November 21, 2016 09:30AM
Of all of the players you stated above, the only ones that I despised were Austin and Robinson. I didn't like the Austin pick because I thought that he was a gimmick player who had success against weak college defenses. I also thought that his small size and inability to hand catch the ball would not make him a serviceable player at the professional level. That the Rams gave up a second round pick to move up and get him makes it even more unbearable.

I didn't like the Robinson pick either, but it was mostly because I liked Khalil Mack and Mike Evans better. Both of those players are big and angular men. For some reason, the Rams, under Fisher, seem to prefer short players like Austin and Joyner to name a few. I really had a good feeling about Aaron Donald, so I was thrilled when they selected him. I would have been thrilled with Mack and Donald in the same draft - I mean, wow!

I didn't think much of Pead; his running style didn't impress me, and I always found him a bit hesitant and tentative. It seemed like he didn't know how to run hard, to really hit a hole - bam! I figured the Rams knew something I didn't. I was wrong.

I never expected a single thing from Marty Gilyard; he just seemed dumb and lacking fundamentals.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

jemach364November 21, 2016 08:14AM

SoCalRAMatic197November 21, 2016 08:43AM

Rams43181November 21, 2016 09:04AM

oldschoolramfan154November 21, 2016 09:08AM

Classicalwit179November 21, 2016 09:30AM