Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

November 21, 2016 08:43AM
Many good points. I try to stick up for draft picks because it usually does take time for them to thrive in the NFL. You mentioned GRob. Much venom has been directed his way, but we have to keep in mind the plan when we was picked. We has a starting LOT in Long who was a former All Pro. The kid was supposed to play LOG for a year or two and learn how to play LT on NFL level. So Long gets hurt and suddenly GRob must start at LT. he wasn't ready and it hurt his confidence. He's been trying to learn on the fly ever since. He is a hard worker and spent the off season working on his mechanics. He now gets tons of penalties. I watch the replays and don't see the infractions. They are iffy at best. Will he ever be the beast he was expected to be? dunno. Hope so, but it is starting to look bad for him. How about Quick? Well, I wouldn't've picked him #33 because he didn't even have a playbook in Appalacia State. But, he does have ability. He started to look like a Bonafide stud when he hurt his shoulder. Will he ever come all the way back? Dunno. Goff? Liked what I saw yesterday. They didn't let him throw the balk down field which is what makes him special. We shall see. Can't see why posters criticize him at all. He works hard. Never complained. And led us to a 10-0 lead late in the game. He didn't miss the FG. He didn't lose his mind committing flagrant fouls and give up the two TDs. And he did throw a wonderful Hail Mary pass that our huge WRs Britt and Quick failed to catch. I don't see any call outs about AD whose hit to the helmet play was asinine. It!s the second time this season he's lost his cool late in a loss. Definitely want him in our team but that's inexcusable. Tree's late hit was a major play in deciding that game. He makes a lot of errors and rarely get called out on it. He's another rare talent but where's his head?
We all have favorite players and scapegoats. My big take is I think better coaching makes all these guys a good team. We all argue about parts and the problem is we have a bad mechanic.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

jemach364November 21, 2016 08:14AM

SoCalRAMatic196November 21, 2016 08:43AM

Rams43180November 21, 2016 09:04AM

oldschoolramfan154November 21, 2016 09:08AM

Classicalwit179November 21, 2016 09:30AM