Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

November 21, 2016 08:14AM
I find this to be a perplexing phenomenon.

And...there seems to be give OL the benefit if a doubt.

Many, and I do mean many, on this board were pretty hard on the likes of Isaiah Pead, Marty Gilyard, Tavon Austin, to a lesser extent Ogletree.Now people are quickly judging Goff. A number of people were often critical of Janoris Jenkins. I am not saying criticism was unwarranted.

Guys like GRobber, Joyner get much more patience.

This is not about right or wrong picks. It's about how do people decide to exercise patience or not?

I had little patience with Robinson, not because I didn't like the pick. I wanted him to be the All World he was advertised as being once we drafted him. But, when you can't beat out Davin Joseph who was possibly one of the worst OL in the last 10 years as a Ram, I knew then we were in big big trouble. When I saw Joyner getting hurt over and over, I thought how do you draft an NFL midget in round 2? Yet, these two seemed to be off limits to criticism until recently...more so Robinson.

Many people are harder on 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks that round 1 or 2 picks.

Personally, I think Goff will be fine. However, like was just discussed on Colin Cowherd...is Goff set up for failure with Jeff Fisher as head coach? My guess is the trade up for picks has soured many.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 08:15AM by jemach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

jemach362November 21, 2016 08:14AM

Re: Why do certain draft picks get the benefit of a doubt...others don't?

SoCalRAMatic196November 21, 2016 08:43AM

Rams43180November 21, 2016 09:04AM

oldschoolramfan154November 21, 2016 09:08AM

Classicalwit179November 21, 2016 09:30AM