Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this brain trust capable of meaningful changes?

September 13, 2016 08:52PM
Or will they continue to go with what they "know"?

Personally, after that revelation of the Ram's current state, I have the following reservations:

1) G Williams D is very badly conceived. Soft, soft, soft coverages as you note James. 9ers played close to the line and came hard. It worked great. Rams played soft, soft, soft coverages, with 7 guys from 5-15 yards deep. Didn't work for sh*t. The pass rush repeatedly came wide on both sides with nobody defending the middle, resulting in multiple scrambles for fist downs. Again and again. WTF? No pass pressure with 4 and few blitzes got mostly stuffed. What happened to the exotic attacking D?? Big time FAIL.

2) As Steve mentioned so often, the Ram O was beyond pathetic. No time, no protection. Double A blitzes worked all night, how many times did poor Case get hammered by a free runner. No adjustments. No play calls to take advantage. No deep balls, no wheel routes. NOTHING. Smoke screens got hammered as of 49ers knew the plays as they developed. Maybe they did. In any case about as total FAIL as you can get. The lack of adjustments on O was telling.

3) Fisher looked like a fool and he knew it, you could see it on his face. Chip revelled in rubbing it in and the Ram brain trust could come up with NOTHING to counter. The Rams had, what, 100 yds of penalties before the 49ers had ANY. This is what preparation looks like versus lack of same. It must be hard for Fish to sell "I know what I'm doing" this week.

4) Judging by Week 1 the Rams look to be the worst team in the NFL. Wow, just wow. My feeling was that scheme was mostly to blame. Not fixable with current coaching staff.

5) Hats off to steadfast Ram fans. There's not a lot to root for on a team basis at this point.

BC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 08:52PM by BC Ramsfan.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tough question, what do the Ram's do to prepare for the Hawks?

JamesJM534September 13, 2016 07:55PM

Re: Tough question, what do the Ram's do to prepare for the Hawks?

stlramz337September 13, 2016 08:01PM

That's true... this one looms a bit different, seems to me...

JamesJM247September 13, 2016 08:07PM

True, Jimmy, but..

sstrams426September 14, 2016 05:08AM

Yes, you're right, of course...

JamesJM222September 14, 2016 05:11AM

Is this brain trust capable of meaningful changes?

BC Ramsfan306September 13, 2016 08:52PM

Re: Tough question, what do the Ram's do to prepare for the Hawks?

reggae321September 13, 2016 08:59PM

Let's start with Play Action

RamsFanSince69257September 14, 2016 05:00AM

They need to decide to play NFL football

NewMexicoRam220September 14, 2016 05:15AM