Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What a day!!!!

August 15, 2016 03:42AM
Rampage2K-
Wow...that was amazing!!! To steal what Ty Burrell said on the pregame show (that I'm watching on dvr right now)

"As a life long Rams fan- this feels like an hallucination"

The last couple days kinda felt like I was living a dream...packing the car for the trip up to LA was one of those "I can't believe I'm doing this right now" moments.
I thought I might shed a tear when I saw the team run out onto the field, but I have to admit, I didn't even make it to my seats...as soon as I got through the gates and turned around to see my wife and kids coming in behind me , with a big smile on my face I told them I loved them and it hit me - I got choked up, it was quite emotional for me and I'm not afraid to admit it.

The place was packed!!! Yes there were lots of Dallas fans as was expected, but the Rams fans outnumbered them 4-1.... I understand people wanted to cash in on the frenzy, but to me that game was more important historically then the season opener . The first game back in 22 years was something I wasn't going to miss!!!

As for the game.....ughhhh, not the start we wanted to see, but what an ending!!! As I said last week in my camp report that Mannion was by far the most improved player on the team, it was nice to see him come out and prove it!!! Bravo Smiley

Yes it was a meaningless preseason game, but that game and win was far from meaningless.....That was awesome for them to come back like that and start the rebirth in LA with a great win!!!!

The good the bad and the ugly....

The good-
The RB's are deep on this team, they all had flashes and looked great...someone is going to get cut that deserves a spot on a team.

The QB's looked good...Case played well and I already mentioned how impressed I was with Mannion.
As far as Goff, I thought he looked pretty damn good...only to be failed by his young WR's and their drops. I had a great view from my seat on that pass to Cooper and it was a great throw!!! Would have been great catch as he got popped, but he has to hold onto that ball...we score on the next play if he makes that catch.

The offense as a whole was impressive, except for the WR drops that plagued us through out the night...drive killersbanghead

Higbee lived up to the hype he has been getting around here, dude is a beast and you better scoop this guy up in your fantasy leagues as he looks to be a big part of this offense.

Spruuuuce..... Dude is a baller!!! No way this kid gets cut....

A couple young guys on defense helped themselves last night..Seau and Hill to name a couple.

The bad-
The defense looked pathetic, not gonna lie... They looked slow and uninterested in stopping anything...although, there were some suspicion officials helping them look bad.
Dez's first catch was a drop, they showed it on the stadium replay and it was clearly a drop, but Dallas was smart and hurried up to get the next play off before Fish could challenge...he should have thrown the flag..bad call there by Fish!!! Dez's TD catch was suspicious considering the new rules, but it stood as a catch.. On the Williams TD, the play before was 2nd and 10, the Dallas RB was down a yard behind the first down but rolled another couple yards and the moron ref spotted the ball there, instead of where it should have Been spotted bringing up a 3rd and 1, instead it was a first down and the Cowboys took a shot and hit the long TD to Williams....another opportunity missed by Fish to challenge a bad call/spot.

The ugly-
On a day as beautiful as yesterday, it was hard to find anything uglybeer cheer smiley

Good post. Thanks.

People are concerned about the defense. Welll some are concerned., some are just annoyed.

I think with G. Wms there's this sense that the starters don't show anything and save themselves for the opener.

Often then people will go, but there;s no on/off switch. Okay. Unless there is. cool smiley

So I personally am not as concerned.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What a day!!!!

Rampage2K-1221August 14, 2016 11:42AM

Thanks Rampage for the report nm

Ram Fan Teacher503August 14, 2016 12:30PM

What a day!!!! Thanks for sharing RP2K... And the Parking??

Anonymous User447August 14, 2016 04:16PM

Re: What a day!!!! Thanks for sharing RP2K... And the Parking??

Rampage2K-448August 14, 2016 05:25PM

forgot to mention the offsite parking....a bargain at $100

Rampage2K-659August 14, 2016 07:15PM

Re: forgot to mention the offsite parking....a bargain at $100

ramithard422August 15, 2016 01:09AM

Oh now you tell me!!!

GreatRamNTheSky381August 15, 2016 04:51AM

Re: What a day!!!!

zn437August 15, 2016 03:42AM

A matter of focus

GreatRamNTheSky336August 15, 2016 03:59AM

Re: A matter of focus