Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What a day!!!! Thanks for sharing RP2K... And the Parking??

August 14, 2016 05:25PM
Florida_Ram
Rampage2K-
Wow...that was amazing!!! To steal what Ty Burrell said on the pregame show (that I'm watching on dvr right now)

"As a life long Rams fan- this feels like an hallucination"

The last couple days kinda felt like I was living a dream...packing the car for the trip up to LA was one of those "I can't believe I'm doing this right now" moments.
I thought I might shed a tear when I saw the team run out onto the field, but I have to admit, I didn't even make it to my seats...as soon as I got through the gates and turned around to see my wife and kids coming in behind me , with a big smile on my face I told them I loved them and it hit me - I got choked up, it was quite emotional for me and I'm not afraid to admit it.

The place was packed!!! Yes there were lots of Dallas fans as was expected, but the Rams fans outnumbered them 4-1.... I understand people wanted to cash in on the frenzy, but to me that game was more important historically then the season opener . The first game back in 22 years was something I wasn't going to miss!!!

Enjoyed reading a glimpse of your experience RP2K.. Us Italian folks like a good passionate story with some authentic emotions from the heart..

A good read and thanks for posting. Anyway you left out a part? If my memory serves me correct, you were frustrated weeks ago about the PARKING arrangement ... Curious how the heck did that all sort out for you?

Lmao..that gif is killing me...

Thanks...I was actually quite shocked how easy it was getting there and parking...of course it helps having prepaid parking and getting there early. I live about 70 miles southeast of the stadium and got there in about 1hr 20min. .. Here is what happened to the tailgating, I ended up just getting a fold up wagon and used my cooler with wheels and lugged everything about 10-12 minute walk to the park in front of stadium where they have the "Fan Fest" set up...it was great, nice grass lawn, trees for shade, all sorts of activities for the kids and booths set up with food and drinks and a big stage for the ESPN radio show to watch live. Unfortunately about 20-30 minutes in, an officials with the Rams came over and said we weren't allowed to tailgate there. He was frantic that several people who had my idea were already set up through out the park and was very apologetic about it and said there were supposed to be security to stop people from bringing their stuff in and told us there was another set up on the north side, but by that time another official with USC was telling everyone they could stay, but next week it would be closed to tailgating....so we lucked out and got to stay and enjoyed a great spot for the day....next week we will find the other park that is allowing tailgating which is a bit closer to my parking anyways...

All in all, yes it was a bit of a pain in the arse, but not too bad. Having the Rams back after 22 year road trip makes it hard to complain about much.beer cheer smiley

Btw, one good thing about having the garage that I got, it opens at 6am while the "Lot parking" doesn't open till noon (or 5 hours before kickoff) so you can get there early and get a head start on the tailgating while others are lined up waiting to get it....

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 05:33PM by Rampage2K-.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What a day!!!!

Rampage2K-1222August 14, 2016 11:42AM

Thanks Rampage for the report nm

Ram Fan Teacher503August 14, 2016 12:30PM

What a day!!!! Thanks for sharing RP2K... And the Parking??

Anonymous User447August 14, 2016 04:16PM

Re: What a day!!!! Thanks for sharing RP2K... And the Parking??

Rampage2K-449August 14, 2016 05:25PM

forgot to mention the offsite parking....a bargain at $100

Rampage2K-661August 14, 2016 07:15PM

Re: forgot to mention the offsite parking....a bargain at $100

ramithard423August 15, 2016 01:09AM

Oh now you tell me!!!

GreatRamNTheSky381August 15, 2016 04:51AM

Re: What a day!!!!

zn439August 15, 2016 03:42AM

A matter of focus

GreatRamNTheSky337August 15, 2016 03:59AM

Re: A matter of focus