Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

May 26, 2023 07:05AM
First one is the TE situation.

Instead of starting the season with just 2 players (WTH were they thinking?), Rams now have at least 4 TE’s in their room. Hunter Long was added via trade and Davis Allen was drafted. Another huge improvement was the hiring of Nick Caley as TE coach. Sadly, Brown seemed in over his head last year. I see lots more 12 sets in our O this year and consequently a nice boost to our running game. Seems clear to me that McVay has placed a LOT of focus on upgrading our overall TE situation so we will be better able to compete in today’s modern NFL.

Secondly, is the hiring of Pleasant and Lake to improve our secondary. I’m not sure just how much latitude Morris will give these guys in terms of scheming and player selection, but if he’s smart he will give them all possible opportunities to develop these youngsters and make our secondary more aggressive and unpredictable. As an aside, I’m hoping that Rochell’s career can be resurrected with better coaching followed by more opportunities.

I’m excited by many other coaching hires, but these 2 areas are the ones I expect to see much needed significant improvement in results.

Anyway, it encourages me to think that McVay saw the same things most of us saw last year and took bold steps to address coaching and player personnel deficiencies.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

Rams43178May 26, 2023 07:05AM

Re: Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

LMU9366May 26, 2023 07:20AM

Re: Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

den-the-coach59May 26, 2023 08:09AM

Re: Coaches that teach

mtramfan36May 26, 2023 10:13AM

Re: Coaches that teach

Ramsdude34May 26, 2023 10:50AM

The player personnel is still not good

Ram4life48May 26, 2023 10:52AM