Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Coaches that teach

May 26, 2023 10:50AM
mtramfan

While the Rams were falling apart late on his watch, I cringed when Mike Martz said that his players were supposed to know the basics of how to play football when they arrived out of college - and he wasn't going to waste his time teaching them the basics. Remember when this board was agonizing over how he Rams kept missing tackles?

Ahhh, those frustrating missed tackles. I remember that too brother! In fact, it seems like it was just last year...oh wait. It WAS last year! lol3

I don't know all the ins and outs of how they coach nowadays but when I questioned Morris's not "teaching" or "developing" players, I was told that in today's NFL, coaches don't do that anymore so it wasn't Morris's fault for the missed tackles and bad techniques we were seeing every game.

Some here even almost quoted Martz word for word: "players were supposed to know the basics of how to play football when they arrived out of college".

While I agree with that to an extent I disagree that coaches in today's NFL aren't still "teaching" and "developing" players. Some coaches find a way to get it done one way or another...some don't.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

Rams43180May 26, 2023 07:05AM

Re: Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

LMU9366May 26, 2023 07:20AM

Re: Couple of things really encourage me about offseason changes…

den-the-coach61May 26, 2023 08:09AM

mtramfan36May 26, 2023 10:13AM

Ramsdude34May 26, 2023 10:50AM

The player personnel is still not good

Ram4life49May 26, 2023 10:52AM