Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A “random thoughts” post by AvengerRam...

January 03, 2019 07:07AM
Here’s AvengerRam...

20 Random End of Regular Season Thoughts

1. The 49ers game was just what the doctor ordered. Blowout (final score not representative) win... no major injuries... Gurley got to rest his knee.

2. The Rams got ahead due to turnovers. If the defense can continue to do that in the playoffs, we'll be in really good shape.

3. CJ Anderson really provided a boost since he signed. It will be interesting to see how many carries he gets in the playoffs. I'm also curious to see if McVay puts in a few wrinkles that will place CJ and TG on the field at the same time (perhaps with Gurley shifting to the WR spot).

4. Joe Noteboom seemed comfortable and very competent when his number was called. He made a particularly nice block springing Cooks for one of his TDs.

5. I think the last two games were extremely helpful to Jared Goff, as he seemed to get his mojo back after a tough stretch of games.

6. Aaron Donald should be the NFL Defensive Player of the Year again and, as far as I'm concerned, the vote should be unanimous.

7. Its an odd sort of 13-3 season. Because the Rams lost to 3 of the other 5 NFC playoff teams, I think there is clearly more that must be done before we're going to feel good about this season as a whole.

8. Along those lines, one of the things we'll likely see is how McVay adjusts to a team that got the better of the Rams earlier in the season. Not a lot of precedent to draw from here. The only (same season) "revenge game" McVay has presided over was last year's rematch in Seattle. Hopefully, this year's rematches will go as well!

9. Josh Reynolds certainly is not the player that Cooper Kupp is, but I think he did a fairly good job of filling in since Kupp's injury. He certainly is not a player that opposing defenses can simply ignore, particularly in the Red Zone.

10. My question for LA fans... will the locals be able to drown out the visiting fans in a home playoff game?

11. I have a strange feeling that if there is one guy who can "flip the switch" and raise his level of play for a game or two in the playoffs, its Ndamukong Suh.

12. The potential poaching of assistant coaches is not surprising, is definitely flattering, and does not worry me.

13. Bigger surprise... only one team from the NFC South in the playoffs, or Minnesota and Green Bay both sitting at home for the postseason?

14. Aaron Donald, by the way, had exactly 50% of the Rams' 41 sacks.

15. If I was giving "most improved" awards to the Rams, I'd go offense: Robert Woods, defense: Cory Littleton. Both had great years.

16. My picks for this weekend: Bears, Cowboys, Colts and Chargers advance (that's right... I'm going with both road teams in the AFC!)

17. Perception vs. reality: Before I ran the numbers, I thought we had significantly more TE production this year than in 2017. Its actually much closer than I presumed.

2018: 58 receptions, 617 yard, 5 TDs
2017: 49 receptions, 611 yards, 3 TDs

18. One thing 2018 showed is that WR running plays work MUCH better when they go to a player who is a true receiving threat. Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds generated 258 yards rushing on only 35 attempts (7.4 ypc). In 2017, Tavon Austin, who was a non-factor in the passing game, need 59 carries to generate 270 yards rushing (4.6 ypc).

19. I love playoff football!

20. I don't always enjoy it while I'm watching, but I love it!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A “random thoughts” post by AvengerRam...

Rams43358January 03, 2019 07:07AM

Another post about getting TG into the slot

ferragamo79133January 03, 2019 07:24AM

I don't get it

Suh-weet!189January 03, 2019 07:53AM

maybe a handful of plays

ferragamo79113January 03, 2019 08:13AM

No, I get it

Suh-weet!130January 03, 2019 08:22AM

jet sweep

ferragamo79116January 03, 2019 08:38AM

exactly