Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jourdan's 5/2 Article on "Finding Rams"

May 02, 2024 07:40AM
Jourdan posted an amazing article in which she got to travel around with Rams scouts for a year! This is part one of a fascinating article.

Here's what I got out of it:
- Snead is (still) not speaking up when scouts initially describe a prospect, not wanting to influence other's thoughts and bias the audience because he's GM
- Rams do not attend the Senior Bowl because they can get all the info online and evaluate during the Senior Bowl week. When they used to travel there it would take another 2-3 weeks after coming back to synthesize their thoughts.
- The Rams believe that it's important to have a physical presence at the college all star games (case in point, “When you have the opportunity to talk to somebody — particularly if they have coached or know one of the players at the (practice), to me that takes precedence over watching practice”)
- They have a "customized version of an existing personality, emotional intelligence and leadership assessment called HEXACO. Their version was developed by Sam Walker, a former Wall Street Journal editor who wrote “The Captain Class” — a book on leadership qualities within championship teams"
- Developing relationships with everyone - coaches, (especially) strength trainers as well as the players is extremely important.

Part II is coming Friday

[theathletic.com]

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jourdan's 5/2 Article on "Finding Rams"

RamsFanSince69290May 02, 2024 07:40AM

Re: Jourdan's 5/2 Article on "Finding Rams"

AlbaNY_Ram118May 02, 2024 07:45AM

Thank you Brother I enjoyed that Read !

BerendsenRam73May 02, 2024 07:46AM

The primary reason she is so good.

DanishRam68May 02, 2024 11:06AM

Since She came to the Rams She has been a Breath of Fresh Air !

BerendsenRam55May 02, 2024 11:12AM

Clearly, she is trusted by the Rams organization

RockRam73May 02, 2024 11:34AM

Re: Clearly, she is trusted by the Rams organization

DanishRam57May 02, 2024 11:36AM