Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back from Detroit....

April 29, 2024 07:27AM
Wow...what a trip....

First off let me say thanks to the Rams for the Invite to be one of the 14 fans on the floor for Day 2....my youngest son and I were required to pay for our airfare and hotel. Everything else covered by the Rams.

We arrived Thursday Night and watched our first pick from a bar by the airport. Loved the Verse Pick!!
Friday we headed Downtown at noon....and of course hit the bars....Sweetwater Tavern has the best wings in the Nation and the Detroit fans welcomed us with open arms...

Of course, everyone came up and said " Are you from Los Angeles ? "..sure......then they started talking about how happy they were for Stafford winning for us and talked about how he just got the sh*t beat out of him in Detroit....very few were bitter..

They would freak out when we told them we had floor seats...since they were going to be standing in the massive crowd....then I would ask them " Do you like Amon-Ra ?" ..of course they said YES!!..Then I said " we are from his hometown in Yorba Linda, my wife used to babysit him and his brothers,, and my son here... ( pointed at him ) played Pop Warner with Amon-Ra...then they really went nuts with questions..

We headed to Entry 3 to get into the Theatre...we were told line opens at 4:30...doors open at 5:30....so we got in line right at 4:30 with all the Superfans...the Raider Gorilla, the Redskins Hogs, crazy Cowboy guy with 5 sirens on his head...etc....Got inside and and even though our tickets were numbered 1-14...our Rams Rep Kylie, told us open seating in the 3 rows...grab a chair....of course I grabbed front row aisle...hahahaha...then a little later a lady with a hardhat with RamHorns on it started complaining that she had seats 4 and 5 and should be where we were sitting...complaining saying she wants to be on TV....sorry Ramithard ain't movin' !!!!

View from the floor was great....and everytime the Rams were on the clock no less than 6 cameras were in our face....the Fiske pick was an awesome response from the crowd.......was drawn out waiting for our picks, but time for restroom and cocktails....long night and we ended back at Sweetwater Tavern after ( about 1 AM ) and talked to a Jet Fan than went every year at the theatre in New York...Said he camped out for days to get in..

Saturday we went back Downtown to the NFL Experience and drank in the Bud Light Tent and watched our picks....

Great trip...especially for my son Brent ( hahaha... Rampage 2K got him mixed up with his brother, Quinn )... he was deployed and spent the last 5 years in a Navy submarine.....so he enjoyed every minute of it!!

Pictures to follow...thanks for reading...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Back from Detroit....

ramithard440April 29, 2024 07:27AM

Re: Back from Detroit....

Rams4366April 29, 2024 07:31AM

Re: Back from Detroit....

ABQRam46April 29, 2024 07:38AM

Such a cool story!

Ramsdude58April 29, 2024 07:40AM

VERY enjoyable read......

roman1852April 29, 2024 08:15AM

Re: VERY enjoyable read......