Advanced

Re: dunno.....

April 11, 2024 06:02AM
leafnose
Puka is far faster than his timed speed

Cooper is....was.....much faster than his timed speed

Tutu is crazy fast

Robinson is plenty quick. Maybe not the burner

I am hesitant to buy in to timed speed stats now.
Been burned too many times.

I think that's why guys like Pearsall and Rice have a lot value

Believe me I get that. You're not alone there.

But there is a difference in a guy like Puka or Cooper and one of those lanky gazelles we might be looking at in the draft like Thomas, Franklin, Mitchell. Those guys have real speed, the kind of speed that can leave a corner holding their jockstrap and being completely out of the play if they guess wrong.

And the guys who look moreso like McVay wideouts in their suddenness in and out of their breaks, like McConkey, Wilson, Pearsall, they all ran fast as well. All of them are legit 4.4 guys who change the dynamic of our wideout group if we add one of them.

Nothing against any of our wideouts. Lot of people get upset by the speed comment and I get that. But what we are good at is getting separation underneath and without the speed element added to that teams can shut it down. Look at the difference in our offense the moment OBJ went out during the Super Bowl. It was night and day. When I imagine them hitting on an elite talent and having another threat who can stretch it on top of what we already have... Very exciting stuff.

And I'm mainly hoping to see defense this year. But it just feels like we need to add one of those boys.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schefter says this prospect could go higher than expected: Should Rams target WR?

BerendsenRam288April 10, 2024 09:11AM

Thought this article would be about Ja'Lynn Polk

BigGame8174April 10, 2024 09:22AM

The Rams have "missed" on speed

merlin86April 10, 2024 09:47AM

leafnose71April 10, 2024 10:14AM

Shecky53April 10, 2024 10:20AM

merlin44April 11, 2024 06:02AM

The question.... is how pi$$%d are we going