Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Rams have "missed" on speed

April 10, 2024 09:47AM
When it comes to wideouts McVay's wheelhouse is mini-TEs. The underneath possession type weapons who are smart and physical but also smooth in and out of their breaks and can break YAC.

But he's going to need to figure out that complementary role. He did a good job getting by with Woody, who was a smaller version of the same animal, so if he were to get another of these types with Bowers falling low enough to move up for I imagine he will make it work very well. Thing is his pass game has looked best when Stafford had OBJ in that small window, or in the Goff era with Cooks added, as that threat on top of Kupp's possession and YAC was a lethal combination.

Nacua has moved in as another Kupp type element in what he adds, but that need is still there for speed. Again McVay undoubtedly could get by without it. But if he finds a young stud who brings speed...

What is most interesting about this draft is the sheer number of options. Rams have the option this year of selecting a real quality wideout, not some undersized gimmicky type like Tutu in round 2. Thing is if they wait to that pick their decision gets made largely for them. So I could see them taking WR at 19, it is certainly possible, just to ensure they get the guy they are most comfortable with.

But which one do they covet. I keep looking at the lengthy options but they really have multiple ways they can go. The group has guys with different strengths, and varying floors and ceilings, all of whom seem to be grouped in that area we'll be picking in rounds 1 and 2.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schefter says this prospect could go higher than expected: Should Rams target WR?

BerendsenRam288April 10, 2024 09:11AM

Thought this article would be about Ja'Lynn Polk

BigGame8174April 10, 2024 09:22AM

The Rams have "missed" on speed

merlin86April 10, 2024 09:47AM

Re: dunno.....

leafnose71April 10, 2024 10:14AM

Shecky53April 10, 2024 10:20AM

merlin45April 11, 2024 06:02AM

The question.... is how pi$$%d are we going