Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really, that is not how Snead drafts and he is quite vocal about it

April 05, 2024 05:11AM
Snead does not, and never has, drafted on BPA.
He drafts for need. He's said it over and over again.

He will the take the BPA within a pod of players based on team need at a specific position or two.

Of course, how I see the greatest need, or any of us see the greatest need, versus how Snead/McVay see it may be different.
Like when they drafted Tutu. Here was the best Center in the draft sitting there for them, in what many of us thought was a serious need, and instead McVay thought a bigger need was another playmaker. (And, BTW, I didn't agree with it then, and I think history proves those of us who thought that way were right!)

What is that need this year? I still think Snead/McVay see it as Edge and DT, but who the heck knows for sure. But, I can also see the case that they might think a young stud CB, or a major playmaking WR is as big or bigger need in the long run. I highly doubt it, but I would never say never.

Yet, they will NOT reach for a player. They won't take a guy who simply isn't worthy of the pick simply because they have a need. Rather, it is Snead's habit to trade out of the position rather than taking a BPA who they don't really feel they have a need for.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here are the 5 guys the Rams are bound to choose from in the 1st round

RockRam269April 05, 2024 02:11AM

If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

JimYoungblood5375April 05, 2024 04:03AM

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

303064April 05, 2024 04:12AM

Re: If elite CB drops and if the ones the like of your five are gone -- they could do that too

SoCalRAMatic52April 05, 2024 04:33AM

Really, that is not how Snead drafts and he is quite vocal about it

RockRam45April 05, 2024 05:11AM

Your list likely contains Rams pick at 19…

Rams4355April 05, 2024 05:30AM